• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Sitebuilder for Hostgator

D

Derek Little

I have access to Sitebuilder through Hostgator.

However, I would like to create my own templates.

Can I download the Sitebuilder application onto my own
computer then upload a completed website to Hostgator?

If so, where would I download the application?

Actually, it is possible to create custom templates for Parallels Plesk Sitebuilder with help of Sitebuilder SDK and appropriate documentation which you could find here:

http://www.parallels.com/ptn/download/sdk/ - SDK
and Custom Templates Developer's Guide - http://www.parallels.com/ptn/documentation/sitebuilder/

You can install SDK on your own computer, prepare templates but to be able to install templates for Sitebuilder it is necessary to have administrator access on server where Sitebuilder installed. As I understand in this case you will need to contact to Hostgator for assistance, if they allow you to do this.

As for Sitebuilder itself, yes you can install it on your server but it will also require administrator access. As soon as it will be installed you could create your own site but it will be not possible to migrate this site into Hostgator installation as there is no migration manager yet in Sitebuilder. Backup/restore utils will not work in this case also, as they are purposed for using within one installation.
Hope I answered your question.

RE: Sitebuilder hosted by Plesk

Dimitry,

I see on the Plesk website, that you offer a solution:

I believe your starting package is $19.95 per month - (for up to 100 sites)

Is this a hosted solution? And does it include all the options
(such as Sitepal) and the ability to create and add my own
templates?

Thx
Derek

hi,

I also want to be able to create my own sitebuilder template, so I downloaded the PDF guide for SiteBuilder 4.5 and it seems that I have to install Sitebuilder SDK.

Am working on Windows Vista and my server is a Linux one, do I have to install the SDK kit on my PC or on the server?
I tried to install the Windows version, but I got an error.
Is there a guide which can help me to install it on Linux?

Thanks for your help.

Yes, there is a possible lease purchase exists for Parallels Plesk Sitebuilder product -

100 Sites $19.90 / month

but this is not a hosted solution. You purchase license key only. As for the product itself you will need to install it somewhere on the server. As soon as product installed on your server you have access to all possible Sitebuilder options as templates, modules (including Sitepal) and ability to create and add your own custom templates.

Dimitry,

I see on the Plesk website, that you offer a solution:

I believe your starting package is $19.95 per month - (for up to 100 sites)

Is this a hosted solution? And does it include all the options
(such as Sitepal) and the ability to create and add my own
templates?

Thx
Derek

All custom templates developer's guides can be found on our website here:

http://www.parallels.com/ptn/documentation/sitebuilder/

Both SDKs for Linux/Unix and Windows versions available here: http://www.parallels.com/ptn/download/sdk/
You can install SDK on your Windows machine. Also note,

"....To be installed and operated in Sitebuilder, created template source files must be compiled into a template pack (the package that comprises one or more templates). This is an .msi file for Windows OS and .bin file for Linux/Unix OS.

Templates can be compiled only in MS Windows. Linux/Unix compiler will be available in next versions of the Sitebuilder SDK...."

Which problems(errors) with SDK installation on Windows do you have?

hi,

I also want to be able to create my own sitebuilder template, so I downloaded the PDF guide for SiteBuilder 4.5 and it seems that I have to install Sitebuilder SDK.

Am working on Windows Vista and my server is a Linux one, do I have to install the SDK kit on my PC or on the server?
I tried to install the Windows version, but I got an error.
Is there a guide which can help me to install it on Linux?

Thanks for your help.

Here is the error that I've got on Vista when trying to install sitebuilder 4.5 SDK

The installer has encountered an unexpected error while installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2738

It's seems that's a Vista or only me on Vista problem.

I ask a friend to install it on Windows XP, it's working fine.

Any idea about how to do to install SB SDK on my PC?

Yahooo! I found the solution on this forum.

Here what I did :
1 - run cmd.exe as Administrator
2- Type : regsvr32 vbscript.dll
3 - Installation Sitebuilder SDK 4.5 done! :)

Back