• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SiteBuilder on W2003 ?

E

EuroMaverick

Hello people,

We are running Plesk on Windows 2003 and I am interested in SiteBuilder, but I have a specific question. SWsoft does not answer my question, so I'll try it this way.

This comes directly from the SiteBuilder requirements page:
----------------------------------------------
OS Requirements
blablabla...
Windows 2003 Server
Windows 2000 Server

NOTE: SiteBuilder in Plesk can only be supported by the following OS: Red Hat 9, Fedora Core 1, Fedora Core 2, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3, SuSE Linux 9.0, SuSE Linux 9.1, and Linux Mandrake 10.0
-----------------------------------------------

What does this mean ? To me, this means you can install SiteBuilder on a Windows 2003 machine that runs Plesk, but the software will be installed "next" to Plesk and won't integrate at all with Plesk.

Am I right ? If I am right, what do the SiteBuilder buttons in the Plesk control panel (currently grayed out) actually do once activated (and how do I activate them) ?

Also, if I am right: is it Ok to install the SiteBuilder software on the W2003 machine running Plesk right now ?

Many thanks for some feedback !

Regards,

Benoit.

Hi

I have installed Plesk 7.5.3 on a Windows 2003 Server! If you have the same Version... you have installed Sitebuilder 1.2 allredy on your Server!

Try http://sitebuilder.yourdomain.com

because Sitebuilder will install automaticaly with Plesk 7.5.3 for Windows...

You must only Upload the Licencense File for Sitebuilder or you can use Sitebuilder only in DEMO mode!

I hope this answer help...

Greetz
Gianni

Hello Gianni,

It is already installed ? Wow, did not know that ! Tried it on my server, but it does not work, however... :( Any suggestions on a different URL I should use ? Probably a very stupid question, but where can I find that kind of information ?? I e.g. have found out on this forum that AntiVirus works standard wihtin Plesk, but only for 15 mailboxes...

Also, I noticed there is no W2003 under SB 2.0 OS requirements. Do you know if this works or not ?

Regards,

Benoit.

Hi Benoit

ok, have a look at the DNS Configuration on your Domain... have you a A-Record Entry with name sitebuilder?

Have you make an Update from 7.x to 7.5.3? I think the Sitebuilder will only installed if you choos "Complet" at installation ov Ples 7.5.3!

About SiteBuilder 2.0
Yesterday i have contact wiht SW-Soft in Germany! They say, the Release Date for SieBuilder 2.0 for Windows Server are not defined yet. So i think we must wait 3 or 4 Weeks befor we can use SiteBuilder on a Windows Server.

You will find this Information in no Document... but i think that's normal for a SW-Soft Product....

Greetz
Gianni

Hello Gianni,

I'm relatively new to this, so I did not do an upgrade but rather a full install.

Kind of weird: I do indeed find a sitebuilder entry in the DNS control panel of the server. I haven't changed it and it simply refers to <ip>. In the DNS control panel of the domain itself, this refers to an internal 192-address. I would expect this needs to be an external address ? However, the webmail-entry also refers to the internal 192-address and that does work fine...

Also, I checked the components on the server overview, and SB 1.1.2 is there, indeed. The license management indicates "no" on the ability to use SB. Maybe there is an issue, since in that list, the ability to use AntiVirus says "yes" and at the same time I have no license for AntiVirus. I did find out by accident recently that this could be normal, since AntiVir apparantly runs in some kind of demo mode for something like 15 mailboxes. Any more hidden features in there...?

Anyway, nice to hear you spoke to SW Soft and I guess we'll just have to wait a couple more weeks on the SB 2 for W2003 version. SW Soft is a weird company, indeed. I have the impression they are pretty good at product development, but they certainly lack some good communication people...

Many thanks for your help !

Regards,

Benoit.

Ha ! Here is some more information.

If I go to http://localhost:8402/ from my server, I DO get to a setebuilder screen, that has 3 options:

- Login to admin panel
- Login to sitebuilder
- Sitebuilder wizard

I am not able yet to get passed one of the buttons, but that probably has to do because I haven't created the right users yet, but looks like I'm getting closer !

Also, no idea yet as to why I have to use the port extension to get to the screen. I would indeed expect this to be a DNS problem (see previous posts), but the webmail.<mydomain> doe work nice and the DNS settings for webmail are exactly the same as for sitebuilder.

To be continued...

Benoit.

Back