• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Sitebuilder PSA Update -- lost it

T

timtrott

I had Sitebuilder installed, ran the "sitebuilder update" in the Plesk Update page, and immediately Sitebuilder was down and all MySQL and PHP sites failed.

Be CAREFUL when you run the updates, especially on weekends when the support goes from 6 to 12 hour response. Appears it may be a conflict with ioncube but I won't know anything until Plesk Support sorts it all out. In the mean time Sitebuilder is down along with about 30 other sites. Just a word of caution to others..... Be careful!

I have the same problem exactly. Sitebuilder installed and working great for months. Installed the 7.5.3 base update last weekend with no problems (ie Sitebuilder was working fine...) Installed the rest of the 7.5.3 updates this morning and now sitebuilder is down.

I have Support subscription and Plesk Support rather quickly identified a conflict with IONCUBE and got my MySQL/PHP sites back up but they're still looking into the Sitebuilder problems.

It pays to have a PSA Support Subcription.

What was the resolution? I have Plesk through an ISP and Plesk won't support me directly since the original license did not come from them.

We don't have the answer for SiteBuilder yet. The solution for the other problem was to comment-out zend - ioncube in php.ini.

From PSA support:

It seems there is something wrong with Ioncube. I commented it out in /etc/php.ini:

;zend_extension = /usr/lib/ioncube/Ioncube_loader_lin_4.3.so

I think there is something wrong with Sitebuilder installation. We'll try to find out exact issue.

Also I found that probably there was some issue with lack of semaphores. I removed all them with "ipcs -s|awk '{print $2}'|grep '[1-9]'|xargs ipcrm sem" command.

Thanks! I'll try it.

I noticed some info about updating ioncube in a post on the Plesk Troubleshooting Forum in a message about the 7.5.3 update breaking horde. Have you tried the ioncube updates?

No, I had not seen that thread about IONCUBE, and the updated HORDE is working fine. I'll let Plesk Support figure out Sitebuilder and then see about contacting Modernbill Support, since it is their software that required IONCUBE, as I seem to recall.

FWIW - I tried the solution from the Plesk Troubleshooting Forum and it worked. I did have to use the Ioncube 5.0 loader. It fixed Horde and it looks like I can get back into sitebuilder.

When I start sitebuilder, I get a screen that looks like the initial install screen. I hope the update didn't overwrite the existing sitebuilder install...

Does SB need Ioncube?

I'm running ModerBill and they have a version that uses Zend instead. Ioncube also requires more memory allocated and is said to have memory "leaks". It has been suggested that I install zend instead of ioncube. (Fedore Core2)

I don't know if SB needs ioncube or not. I'm not entirely sure what it is or does, except that it looks like it precompiles php into bytecode (maybe for speed or encryption purposes?).

Anyhow, it looks like the 7.5.3 install might have overwritten the existing sitebuilder install. I'm still looking for my notes on the original sb install on my server.

comment-out zend - ioncube in php.ini

I comment-out zend - ioncube in php.ini and my mail is working again... SB is still down. Also the password that I used before and the default 'root' / 'sitebuilder' username and password for that matter, does not let me into to SB even in the module interface..

Omansur

I had to install the updated ioncube loaders and then switched from ioncobe 4.3 to ioncube 5.0.

Commenting out the zend line in the ini files didn't do it for me.

The instructions for replacing the ioncube loaders are in a thread on the plesk troubleshooting forum.

Almost forgot - none of my php/mysql websites (including horde and sugarcrm) started working until I changed to ioncube 5.0 and did a psa stopall - psa start.

OK - It looks like everything is alright. I went through the sb parameter screen I described earlier (I didn't change anything) and now I can log into sb and see website designs.

Huge sigh of relief here...

Great job deemccraw, I updated everything as you did and my SB now works fine... Everything seems to be working, still testing.

omansur

Sw-Soft supports reply to my problem explained earlier in this forum...

--------------------------------------
Please try to define zend optimizer before ioncube loader in php.ini. I think this is a better way.
--------------------------------------

Can someone tell me what this means?
thanx,

omansur

I *think* it just means you should make sure that the line that loads the Zend optimizer in php.ini comes before the line that loads the ioncube loader.

Faris,

The only line in my php.ini file that contains the word "zend" is the zend_extension line that references the ioncube loader. (It is now commented out...)

I don't think I have the zend optimizer installed on my server.

Back