• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Slow FTP Transfer

A

AlexDB

Hi,

Ever since i've installed the system i've always had issues with the speed of the FTP transfers. Uploading seems to max out a 300 KB/s when the system can obviously do much faster than this. Is there any configuration options which cap the upload speed? Or suggestions on how I can improve this.

Hardware firewall infront of the server, however i've tried uploading to it from a machine in the same subnet and still have the same issue.

Try re-testing with FTP in passive mode (or in active mode if it is in passive).

This is almost certainly a firewall issue. But it may be the firewall on your computer rather than on the server given that you are testing on the other side of it. I assume the plesk firewall is not one? Nothing is listed for iptables -L on the server?

Also search for proftpd.conf in the forum for certain performance tweeks (though not necessarily ones that are anything to do with actual transfer rates).

Faris.

Back