1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Slow FTP Transfer

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by AlexDB, May 3, 2007.

1. AlexDB

AlexDB Guest

Hi,

Ever since i've installed the system i've always had issues with the speed of the FTP transfers. Uploading seems to max out a 300 KB/s when the system can obviously do much faster than this. Is there any configuration options which cap the upload speed? Or suggestions on how I can improve this.

2. AlexDB

AlexDB Guest

No one have a suggestion on this?

3. cri006

cri006 Guest

You have firewall on your server?

4. AlexDB

AlexDB Guest

Hardware firewall infront of the server, however i've tried uploading to it from a machine in the same subnet and still have the same issue.

5. faris

faris Guest

Try re-testing with FTP in passive mode (or in active mode if it is in passive).

This is almost certainly a firewall issue. But it may be the firewall on your computer rather than on the server given that you are testing on the other side of it. I assume the plesk firewall is not one? Nothing is listed for iptables -L on the server?

Also search for proftpd.conf in the forum for certain performance tweeks (though not necessarily ones that are anything to do with actual transfer rates).

Faris.