• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SmarterMail 4 install.

G

Ga8or

Anyone get SmarterMail 4 Working yet? I have installed it and I can access it from the server but the Plesk control panel says it is not installed and all there is an option for is Mailenble. I have seen a post that says it works but nothing on how thy got it to work.

Thanks

Originally posted by PSFServers
You are looking under Server > Component Manager??

I am having the same problem. Under Server > Component Manager it says smarter mail is not installed. The mail service is running and I can access the web mail with-out going through plesk.

I tried restarting plesk services and then a full reboot of the server.

Any ideas?

ETA: I am running Plesk 8.1 and SmarterMail 4.0

Gentlemen, it is known issue and will be fixed as soon as possible. To avoid it now please be sure SmarterMail services are started before switching of Mail Server.

Originally posted by sergius
Gentlemen, it is known issue and will be fixed as soon as possible. To avoid it now please be sure SmarterMail services are started before switching of Mail Server.
Excuse me, I'm wrong.
Originally posted by chadavan
I am having the same problem. Under Server > Component Manager it says smarter mail is not installed. The mail service is running and I can access the web mail with-out going through plesk.
Did you install SmarterMail license?

Yes, it is installed and SmarterMail services are running....
Please go to Plesk > Server > Components Management and click Mail Server. You will see list of installed mail servers. Please select SmarterMail and click OK.

Please go to Plesk > Server > Components Management and click Mail Server. You will see list of installed mail servers. Please select SmarterMail and click OK.

Mail Server is not clickable...

Mail Server is not clickable...

Nevermind, I clicked refresh and it came up.

Smarter mail is listed as "not configured" on the Mail Server page....

Ok after many hours and days of aggravation and reinstalls of Smartermail Professional 4.1 on Plesk 8.1 50 domain-250 user license. I finally got the answer I needed.

I followed the default installation and activation instructions that came with Smartermail.

I set it up and had running ok with its own SMWebserver then I turned that off and set it up under IIS as suggested.

Setup instructions
http://www.smartertools.com/Help/SmarterMail/v4/Default.aspx?p=SA&page=getting Started

Running under IIS
http://www.smartertools.com/Help/sm.../ConvertingToIIS.aspx?fromGettingStarted=true

SM 4.1 and Plesk 8.1 uses aspx (.net 2.x) that went ok

I was able to reach the new web admin under IIS for Smartermail but the Plesk control panel under Server > Plesk Components Management > SmarterMail had an icon with a yellow ! next to it and the smartermail configuration link keep coming up with this stupid error.

"Some fields are empty or contain an improper value."

This is the error when Plesk can't communicate with the Smartermail Webserver on port 9998.

Plesk has hard coded port 9998 into its software to talk to the Smartermail webserver.

The fix for me was the following 2 additional steps.

1. Goto Administrative Tools > Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager

Click on the Webs Sites folder

Right click on the web server you set up for SmarterMail to run under and select Properties. I had named mine SmarterMail

On the Website tab next to the Ip address click the advanced button to open Advanced Web Site Identification box

Click add

Select All unassigned for IP address and 9998 for port. I left host headers blank and click OK

That adds the default port to the SM webserver site for Plesk to communicate with it.

2. I then went to Control Panel > Fire Wall
Clicked on the Exceptions (middle Tab)

Click Add port
Name SmarterMail,
Port number 9998,
Type TCP

After these 2 steps which I was unable to find anywhere on swsoft or smartermail websites my Plesk panel recognized the Smartermail web server.

Smartermail tech support finally gave me this solution and said they and swsoft were working to incorporate it automatically sometime down the line for Plesk

Hope this helps

Originally posted by neoweo
Plesk has hard coded port 9998 into its software to talk to the Smartermail webserver.
You should go to Plesk > Server > Components Management > SmarterMail and specify Port, Username and Password to conenct to SmarterMail.

You should go to Plesk > Server > Components Management > SmarterMail and specify Port, Username and Password to conenct to SmarterMail.

That is where I was attempting to connect to Smartermail but it couldn't find the port hence the error message below.

"Some fields are empty or contain an improper value."

The steps I posted above are what allowed Plesk to connect to Smartermail after getting that error.

Back