• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Smartermail not showing Web Mail in Component Management area

F

frodeflintstone

Hello,

Thank you to anyone in advance for your assistance. I just installed smartermail. After rebooting my server it showed up under Server/Components Management/Mail Server. I checked the radio button and switched from mail enable to smarter mail. That part went fine. The problem now is that under the Web Mail section the smarter mail interface is not showing up. I uninstalled smartermail and re-installed, but still the same thing. I have also reboot my machine about 5 times, but still nothing.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thank you,

Rod

Try to use the following command:
cmd > cd %plesk_bin%
cmd> defpackagemng.exe --set --type=webmail --default=smwebmail
i hope it will help you.

Thank you for you assistance. I tried to run this command, and got the following error:

Run-Time error: Error 2 at lookup subJey=SOFTWARE\Plesk\PSA Config\Config\PAckages\webmail\smwebmail value=dll with type 1: The system cannot find the file specified.

I suppose this means that the smartermail installation did not put some file where it was supposed to go. You would think these guys (plesk/smartermail) would get on the same page. Does anyone know what file should be in the location, and where the location is supposed to be?

Thank you for your help

Rod

Actually, I suppose those are registry entries not file system paths ??

I also discoverd that for Horde, there is impwebmail.dll, for mailenable there is mewebmail.dll, but there does not seem to be any coresponding dll file for smartermail. It is written in .net, so there is a login.aspx file. Anyone know anything about this??

thank you,

Rod

Back