• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SMPT Outgoing

A

averagehost

SMTP Outgoing

Hello there. I can't seem to get an outgoing server working on my server.

I have PLESK and Virtuoso running.

Also, connecting via FTP is really slow. Only to connect. Once connected its nice, but it takes a long time to actually connect.

Any Ideas?

Im on AIM - BlackHaloBender if anybody can spare a few seconds. I'm sure there is something I could help you out with in the future.

Thanks,
Ryan

nobody has any clues on how to troubleshoot an outgoing server in PLESK???

This would be easier just secure shelling in and stop paying for plesk seems like...

I have a few similar problem on XP service pack 2.... it sometimes blocks port 25 which is the outgoing port for email.

Webmail works fine, indicating that the outgoing mail server is working fine, and is now a local problem.

Check your windows firewall, virus scanner or adware blocking programs...... just check your local machine and make sure there is no program that has it on there block list.

try disable the dns lookup query of ftp server...
there is one topic about Plesk 7.1 on Freebsd where i saw this information, ou can use the smtp trick too :)

SO, does the outgoing server work for anyone? I mean I never even changed anything. I have forwarding on with a password...

Man, this seams like such a hassel. I thought I was upgrading from CPanel to PLESK when I decided to start paying for this...

Outgoing cant even connect to, it just keeps looking.

Incoming works fine.

Webmail cant even send.

Dont get any bounce back emails or anything.

Do I need to make a postmaster@ account or something?

Also, im sure its related - php mail thing doesnt send either.

Well, im connecting to outgoing, even getting a send successfull message from client, after a LONG delay.

But the mail still doesnt show up anywhere. Of course I have sent to lots of different accounts.

This is wierd.

Thanks for the thread link, ill heck that after I look into the que thing. Thanks.

The long delay is discussed in the FAQ section of their site. Try applying the -Rt0 option (from memory - I think that's it) as it states in the online FAQ to see if it speeds up the sending of mail. Also, check to see how the processes are running to see if any are peaking.

Still nothing on the qmail thing. This is wierd. I have tech support on it but have yet to hear anything back.

Does anybody else offer inexpensive virtual hosting???

I pay like 40 a month now but I'm none too happy with GoDaddy's service.

I just wanted the default install to work. And the baility to edit PHP preferences. I got one of the two :)

Cheap and good are mutually exclusive mate.

I have been with quiet a few companies so far. I almost went for GoDaddy a couple of months back but I am happy I didn't. They are reliable for domains though :).

The best guys that I came across are the folks from ServInt. I'm with them for 2 months now and they are worth every penny ;).

None of this is working....

Added -Rt0 to the server vargs thing...

Also this is the error i am getting:

Mar 31 14:03:29 averagehost qmail: 1112303009.435502 delivery 54: deferral: Sorry,_I_wasn't_able_to_establish_an_SMTP_connection._(#4.4.1)/
Mar 31 14:03:29 averagehost qmail: 1112303009.435583 status: local 0/10 remote 0/20

when i run tail -60 /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog

finally getting an error mess!!!

There was an error sending your message: unable to connect to smtp server localhost:25

The server is running, but perhaps the -Rt0 messed things up after I restarted.

Nah, I believe the #4.1.1 code means the smtp server is timing out. Do you have an AV scanner or spamassassin running?

Well, looks like i might have found it. The firewall in PLESK wont allow any relaying traffic.

Also, I cant seem to edit my firewall.

Wait a sec mate.

Could you double-check your server-wide mail settings (Server > Mail)?

Make sure your relaying is set to authorization is required with JUST the POP3 selected. 20 Min should be allright.

Unless you have the latest Virtuozzo (2.6.1), your "Plesk 7.5.2 firewall" will give you grief. To check the version of your Virtuozzo, SSH into your server and type uname -r. If the output contains 021stab028, you're cool. If it contains something like 021stab022, you're buggered. Consider disabling your firewall (GoDaddy will have something in place before the VPS) and asking support for the latest Virtuozzo upgrade.

Good luck, Gerhard.

I had the same problem when I first got my GoDaddy VDS about 2 months ago. If I'm reading correctly, you are using GoDaddy now?

They've added a FAQ for this problem since I signed up (and it took me a good 2 weeks to get tech support to respond. Sheesh) which is located at https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/faq/...4&topic_id=87&topic=Virtual+Dedicated+Servers

(By the way, the most recent posts in this thread are way over my head so if you've already determined this isnt your problem, please ignore me!)

Back