• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SMTP and MX on different IP addresses, but with same port

zooming

Regular Pleskian
Hello,

How can I configure SMTP and MX on Plesk, so they run on different IP addresses, but in the default port (TCP 25)?

I want to allow only authenticated users on the SMTP IP, no MX traffic here.

In the MX IP I'll configure some restrictions, like Graylisting, etc (using SpamDyke).

Thank you.

Alexandre

SMTP is a protocol, MX is a DNS record type. I really have no idea what you're talking about.

i think zooming like to use different servers for mail sending and receiving, right ?

but i don't see the problem ...

Yes, that's right.

I want two different "servers" responding to SMTP, but one will be responding only for the MX IP (published), and the other to the SMTP address that my clients will use to authenticate and send email.

In the MX IP I will put more restrictions (RBL, Graylisting, RCPT limits, etc), in the authenticated SMTP IP I'll not restrict anything (because only authenticated users will use this IP).

Thank you.

Alexandre

The problem is how to configure Plesk so I can run SMTP for MX and client connections with different configurations, in the same server.

Two xinetd scripts will do the job?
Is there a way to bind a xinetd service to a specific IP address?

Back