• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SMTP SSL setup

kadoudal

Regular Pleskian
My SMTP server is running fine presently , but I going for more security using OpenSSL
I gave a try, modifying my vhost.conf with SSL , but obviously got an error as I need a certificate (should be ther by tomrrow)..
now I have a couple of questions regarding the SMTP settings in my application :
I'll choose the LOGIN authentication process , but I am not sure of login/pwd parameters to use in my smtp_settings, those of the site owner (used in Plesk Console) , a unique mail_master user created , or dynamically choosing the id/pwd of the logged user...

on a client mail app , it's easy : this is the site owner (used in Plesk console)

thanks for clarifying my mind ... and/or any related links

erwin

it is not clear what do you want. vhost.conf is apache configuration file, apache does not serve SMTP connections. this is qmail job.

it is not clear what do you want. vhost.conf is apache configuration file, apache does not serve SMTP connections. this is qmail job.

sorry,
I just mentioned SSL , (running fine... now the cert installed), because emails are sent using it (when the cert is OK.. not auto-signed)...
my question was only about PLAIn or LOGIN authentication method, which one to use, and smtp parameters that my app should set up...

erwin

Back