• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SMTP Stops when MAPS is on

J

joao_clerigo

Hi all,

I have a problem in my Plesk 8.0.1.
Anytime I [Enable MAPS spam protection] the service [SMTP Server (QMail)] stops imediatly, and I cannot start this service unless MAPS is disabled.

Can anyone have a clue to help me on this? Thankz,
Joao Clerigo

i have the same Problem !!!

ps aux |grep pm shows:
tcp-env -Rt0 /usr/sbin/rblsmtpd -r sbl.spamhaus.org /var/qmail/bin/relaylock /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd /var/qmail/bin/smtp_auth /var/qmail/bin/true /var/qmail/bin/cmd5checkpw /var/qmail/bin/true

have you check the Maps-Zones? I had the same problem for any time. You must delete not working adresses from the list.

Here are my Maps-List:
  • relays.mail-abuse.org;vrbl.xtreme-host.com;http.dnsbl.sorbs.net;misc.dnsbl.sorbs.net

SMTP Server stopping

Did changing your MAPS list fix the problem - my serve keeps stopping for no apparent reason - 5 times in the last hour.

No this didnt solve the Problem.
if i activate MAPS, my smtp will crash.

Similar problem with MAPS and -Rt0

I can use the -Rt0 argument or MAPS but if I add -Rt0 after enabling MAPS the service will not restart. It does not seem to be related to contents of the MAPS list.

I am having some problems with sending mail as well after i enabled MAPS. It did wonders fighting spam but sometimes even when i send mail to people within my domain they don't get my messages. anyone else having this issue? Here are the zones I have listed

cbl.abuseat.org;dnsbl.ahbl.org;rhsbl.ahbl.org;ircbl.ahbl.org;list.dsbl.org;t1.dnsbl.net.au;combined.njabl.org;bhnc.njabl.org;relays.ordb.org;dnsbl.sorbs.net;bl.spamcop.net;sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org

Anyone have any suggestions?

Same issues as everyone else. Does anyone know how to get MAPS to work and not disable SMTP?

I think you need to make sure none of these are inactive, i had some issues this week with not receiving emails because some of these were bad. THe list i am using now is

cbl.abuseat.org;relays.mail-abuse.org;vrbl.xtreme-host.com;http.dnsbl.sorbs.net;misc.dnsbl.sorbs.net;dnsbl.ahbl.org;rhsbl.ahbl.org;ircbl.ahbl.org;list.dsbl.org;bhnc.njabl.org;bl.spamcop.net;sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org

Let me know if this works for anyone?

Originally posted by livid
I think you need to make sure none of these are inactive, i had some issues this week with not receiving emails because some of these were bad. THe list i am using now is

cbl.abuseat.org;relays.mail-abuse.org;vrbl.xtreme-host.com;http.dnsbl.sorbs.net;misc.dnsbl.sorbs.net;dnsbl.ahbl.org;rhsbl.ahbl.org;ircbl.ahbl.org;list.dsbl.org;bhnc.njabl.org;bl.spamcop.net;sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org

Let me know if this works for anyone?

Your list worked for me. Wow that was easy. I wish they would just explain that somewhere. If the list is bad, your SMTP won't start.

Thanks for the help.

Now to find out why I still cant send e-mail via SMTP

We are having the same problems. If we turn maps on then the smtp server slows down hugely.
The problem apprears to be in maps itself or a setting within the server. This has happened on 2 servers and both at approximately the same time. We have tried to activate maps with only sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org and still the same problem.

Any input is appreciated.

with the old list i could not send mail. I haven't tried it with this one yet. I wish there was more documentation of it, but this forum seems to be all we have?

This is the strangest situation. In Apple Mail (on Mac OSX), e-mails send instantly. In Microsoft Outlook 2003, it takes about 2 - 3.5 minutes to send an e-mail via SMTP. If your Outlook timeout setting is default, it will timeout after 30 seconds and will fail to send mail. I don't understand what is causing this delay on some mail clients?!

Here is my /etc/xinetd.d/smtp_psa config:

service smtp
{
socket_type = stream
protocol = tcp
wait = no
disable = no
user = root
instances = UNLIMITED
server = /var/qmail/bin/tcp-env
server_args = -Rt0 /usr/sbin/rblsmtpd -r cbl.abuseat.org -r relays.mail-abuse.org -r vrbl.xtreme-host.com -r http.dnsbl.sorbs.net -r misc.dnsbl.sorbs.net -r dnsbl.ahbl.org -r rhsbl.ahbl.org -r ircbl.ahbl.org -r list.dsbl.org -r bhnc.njabl.org -r bl.spamcop.net -r sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org /var/qmail/bin/relaylock /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd /var/qmail/bin/smtp_auth /var/qmail/bin/true /var/qmail/bin/cmd5checkpw /var/qmail/bin/true
}

Enabling/Disabling MAPS has no effect on this at all, the times don't change.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have no idea what is causing this.

Thanks!

Back