• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk /var/www/vhosts/ >to> /data/www/ & Error: skeleton__no_skeletons

CerdanS

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

New Server (Dedibox), with Ubuntu 14.04 & Plesk 12

The Raid is Software (no /var partition based on server creation under dedibox space), so help doc gives procedure to move /var/www/vhosts/ to /data/www/
Here is the doc : https://documentation.online.net/fr/serveur-dedie/tutoriel/plesk-changer-dossier-par-defaut

I did it, it moves : /var/www/vhosts/ >to> /data/www/

Everything works, except "Virtual Host Template" under Tools : Error: skeleton__no_skeletons

Searched and tried a lot of things, no solution. Anybody can help me please ? Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• 2015-11-27_00-55-12.png
    2015-11-27_00-55-12.png
    49.2 KB · Views: 7
BTW, Plesk has own utility for moving vhosts to another location:

[root@ppu12-5 ~]# plesk bin transvhosts.pl --help
You should specify destination directory.
Utility to transfer vhosts content from HTTPD_VHOSTS_D directory to new place.

Usage:
--dest-dir <path> Destination path. Path to new vhosts directory.
Example: /path/to/new/vhosts.
If directory does not exist it will be created.

--correct-scripts Changes user scripts.
Old vhost path is replaced to new path in content of all files.

Hi Igor,

Thanks for reply.
Unfortunately, my /var/www/* doesn't exists anymore, so I tried to launch this script (transvhosts.pl), but it was "too late" :( because /var/www/ is now an alias of /data/www/

I think to 2 alternate solutions :

• First : Does it exists option to "repair whole plesk", I tried one, aboit 20 tests no detected problems, I'd like to not have to reinstall whole server just for this (already setup 4 customers)...
  • Secod : Does-it exist a solution to "rebuild" the /data/www/vhosts/ with integrated vhosts templates or in /data/www/

It's not only vhosts template I don't have error pages...

And last question, I see a lot of things in /var (I think it's emulated), where will be stocked emails for customers ? in /data or /var/something, because if it's in /var... I'm not sure the space will be enough, depends where it's really stocked (complicated with Ubuntu 14.004 and Dedibox, no choice to add /var during installation, and message to tell us to change default path for "software raid"...

Thanks a lot and have a nice wek-end.

Just to close subject.

I've finally reinstalled whole server, after what, I launched the command line Igor gives (thanks), exactly :

...user...# plesk bin transvhosts.pl --dest-dir /data/www/vhosts --correct-scripts

Everythings works fine, hosts are now in /data/www/vhosts and not anymore in /var/www/vhosts

Whole procedure in Putty (SSH) in console with ROOT user or after do SUDO SU and enter admin password... to get ROOT rights :

plesk bin transvhosts.pl --dest-dir /data/www/vhosts --correct-scripts

Result :

Moving files to new directory...
Correct psa configuration file...
Correct passwd file...
Correct php-fpm pools configuration...
Restart php-fpm service...
Restart php5-fpm service...
Correct database...
Update hosting settings...
done
Update subdomains settings...
done
Update system users settings...
done
Update service instance properties...
done
Update aps resources parameters...
done
The service node 'local' was successfully updated.
Reconfigure aps applications...
done
Reconfigure file sharing...
done
Correct user scripts...

Thanks Igor.

Hi Igor, I'm back few years later lol with new server (Debian 9.13 / Plesk Obsidian latest)...
Just installed, then reinstalled whole server (with licences on Scaleway Plesk partner...).

New problem, the command line :
  • plesk bin transvhosts.pl --dest-dir /data/www/vhosts/ --correct-scripts
For move /var/www/vhosts to /data/www/vhosts (space problem on var)...
The command works fine... content is moved > but when I test this after :
  • plesk repair all -n
I got error messages, bellow you'll found two screen captures... and if I try the command :
  • plesk repair fs -verbose (and after Y) doesn't works...
If I get back files to var, everything is fine (except skeleton etc.)... I ever tried to move from : /var/www/vhosts to /var/www2/vhosts -- SAME PROBLEM, error... so /var to /data isn't really the problem because /var to /var creates the problem too... permissions problem (take a look on screen captures).

---
My question is :
  • How to move /var/www/vhosts to /data/www/vhosts
  • How to move /var/qmail/mailboxes to /data/qmail/mailboxes
Because if not moving, the space will be full in few days because of the /var partition default size...

---

Bellow some screen captures to help you to see... I've tried a LOT of things, even totally reinstalled from null the server, partitions... nothing seems to work :(

Thanks for any help - Cerdan

---
---
putty_x3hMnE3VYo.png

putty_hMMJGSHKES.png

As you see, if I send back from /data/www to /car/www the error doesn't appears again... when I try in other way /var > /data error immediately, tried 20 times, always same thing... repair never worked...

Ayy idea ?

Thanks, Cerdan.

I created a new and more documented post for this issue :

So if you can answer on it, thanks, sorry.
Cerdan

Back