• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Some folders blocked to FTP access

Shaka

New Pleskian
I´m using PLESK 7.5 on a Windows 2003 server, the problem is that some folders can't be accessed via FTP.
I checked permisions, deleted the folder created again using both PLESK and a FTP program, but when i add some content in that folder working directly on the server it became unaccesible via FTP.
how can I solve that problem?

Could it be that the files that you copy into the directory working directly on the machine retain their old permissions and do not inherit the permissions of the parent folder.

After you've copies the files try opening the Security Permissions of the folder, click Advanced, check "Replace permissions on all child objects etc.", and click Apply !

Thanks, but that was not the solution to my problem
Apparently it has to be with the files whith names using _
Permission are ok,
If I put 20 files named whitout _ it opens perfectly well
if I change those files with the same files but named with _ then the folder refuse to open via FTP
Any ideas of how to solve thath problem?

Have you tried using another FTP client an/or testing your existing FTP client on another server ?

Back