1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

Some folders blocked to FTP access

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by Shaka, May 25, 2005.

1. Shaka

Shaka New Pleskian

73%
    I´m using PLESK 7.5 on a Windows 2003 server, the problem is that some folders can't be accessed via FTP.
    I checked permisions, deleted the folder created again using both PLESK and a FTP program, but when i add some content in that folder working directly on the server it became unaccesible via FTP.
    how can I solve that problem?

2. Stuart_T

Stuart_T Guest

Could it be that the files that you copy into the directory working directly on the machine retain their old permissions and do not inherit the permissions of the parent folder.

After you've copies the files try opening the Security Permissions of the folder, click Advanced, check "Replace permissions on all child objects etc.", and click Apply !

3. Shaka

Shaka New Pleskian

73%
    Thanks, but that was not the solution to my problem
    Apparently it has to be with the files whith names using _
    Permission are ok,
    If I put 20 files named whitout _ it opens perfectly well
    if I change those files with the same files but named with _ then the folder refuse to open via FTP
    Any ideas of how to solve thath problem?

4. Stuart_T

Stuart_T Guest

Have you tried using another FTP client an/or testing your existing FTP client on another server ?

5. Shaka

Shaka New Pleskian

73%
    Of course, that was the first thinking, but that was not the problem