• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Some more features for end users?

M

metti

Hello out there,
I'm quite new to Plesk (8.3) but so far had no problems. But now i'm at a point, where i have to create customer control panels for my customers, where they can do the following:

- Edit and view Password-, E-Mail-, DNS- and Subdomain-Settings for their domains - okay this can be done with Plesk but:
- Edit and view their adress-details (name, adress for invoices and maybe a bit more)
- View recent invoices
- View (and cancel) recent contracts and to award new
- View actual developments by me for them and to comment them
- gather support

I don't really know how i could do this but thought about two "solutions":

Either: to write a own control panel, that handles all of this but lets the first point (E-Mail/Pass etc.) do Plesk via a API or something
Or: to write (or better to get) a module/add-on for Plesk so the users could do all this within their Plesk-account

Has anyone suggestions of how to solve this or if there are 3rd-Party add-ons for Plesk, that could help me (even free ones)?
By the way: Does anybody know if there is a way to let end-users but not admins connect to Plesk through other ports than 8443 and (the last one) how to create own styles for Plesk control panel?

Thank you very much,
Metti

Thank you very much. I guess the powertoys-MySQL Remote User Manager could be quite usefull for me and for the other not security relevant features i will use the custom buttons.
Cheers

I thought with Powertoys or the native Plesk user settings customers can do this ('security relevant') things:
- Edit and view Password-, E-Mail-, DNS- and Subdomain-Settings for their domains - okay this can be done with Plesk but:
- Edit and view their adress-details (name, adress for invoices and maybe a bit more)

And with 'not security relevant' i meant the rest:
- View recent invoices
- View (and cancel) recent contracts and to award new
- View actual developments by me for them and to comment them
- gather support

Of course these things have also to be protected but they have nothing to do with users configuration for their domains.

With Power Toys you can:
- Password Revealer, used for displaying the passwords generated with PLESK. Do not get scared, this tool does not make them public, it is used rather for customer notification for lost password function. One of the shortcomings of PLESK is the fact that it does not send out an e-mail message when a domain is created in a customizable template. The PowerToys add-on does this, takes all the details of the newly created or existing domain and sends it out to the domain user in a customizable TEXT or HTML template. By far the most popular tool from the suite.

- Email Subject Changer, allows you to change the subjects in the PLESK emailing system.

- Custom DNS, allows you to add your own settings to a domain.

- Domain Statistics - displays the UP or DOWN status of a domain and it verifies whether the www points to the ADMIN server. It is extremely useful when the ADMIN wants to see whether the client has set the DNS or the www accordingly.

- MySQL Remote Admin User Manager - allows the administrator to add access rights to the remote database. Thus it is not necessary to use phpMyAdmin from the Control Panel, MySQL Remote or similar tools may be used instead.

- Whois, provides details about the domains on the Internet.

- Newsletter, provides a solution to keep in push with your customers.

- VHOST Config helps editing the apache conf of each domain. Thus the ADMIN may add in the apache CONF of each domain a separate setting. I.e. PLESK does not retain the PHP errors, and for developers it is rather important to see the error log. This facility offers a solution for this issue.

- Domain Alias, another widely used tool by the PLESK users. Many people buy two similar domain names i.e.www.domain.com, www.domain.net and want to redirect one to the other.

- Qmail Queue - is a qmail queue manipulation program geared towards the viewing and safe modification of the contents in a qmail queue. In this tool you can see your queue status, you can search, read and delete messages from queue.

- Domain Expired - In some case PLESK does not offer enough information when a domain will expiry, so now is possible to see all domains which will expiry in 1 month, 3 months, 6 months or 1 year. Also is possibble to send a personalized mail to domain owner to alert domain owner.

As user:
- Configure Outlook - Use this settings to configure your Outlook Express or Outlook or send settings to your email owners. So if the user is your client or an employee, then just save this .REG file and put it on a stick or accessibble network server and then run from the user's computer.

- Hotlink Protection - HotLink protection prevents other websites from directly linking to files (as specified below) on your website. Other sites will still be able to link to any file type that you not specify below (ie. html files). An example of hotlinking would be using a IMG tag to display an image from your site from somewhere else on the net. The end result is that the other site is stealing your bandwidth.

- Speed up your site - Increase your page load times and save bandwidth with easy and really effective methods using apache .htaccess directives.

- Password Revealer, used for displaying the passwords generated with PLESK. Do not get scared, this tool does not make them public, it is used rather for customer notification for lost password function. One of the shortcomings of PLESK is the fact that it does not send out an e-mail message when a domain is created in a customizable template. The PowerToys add-on does this, takes all the details of the newly created or existing domain and sends it out to the domain user in a customizable TEXT or HTML template. By far the most popular tool from the suite.

Back