1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Spam Assassin

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by jwbonez, Dec 22, 2005.

1. jwbonez

jwbonez Guest

When trying to access the Spam Filter icon under the Server menu, I get the following message:

SpamAssassin() constructor failed: Action features failed: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    Unable read spam config file C:\PROGRA~1\SWsoft\Plesk\ADDITI~1\Perl\site\etc\mail\spamassassin\local.cf: File not found
    ---------------------- Debug Info -------------------------------
    0: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\htdocs\server\spamassassin.php:12 psaerror(string "SpamAssassin() constructor failed: Action features failed: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    Unable read spam config file C:\PROGRA~1\SWsoft\Plesk\ADDITI~1\Perl\site\etc\mail\spamassassin\local.cf: File not found")

I looked for the local.cf file it reports as being missing and could not find a \etc\mail... folder. I did a search on my server for local.cf and couldn't find it either. Any suggestions?

2. jwbonez

jwbonez Guest

Nevermind, another search did reveal a local.cf file on my server. I simply created the folders that the error reported was missing, copied the local.cf file in there and it worked.

Thanks.

3. schatje

schatje Guest

I got this error:
    [root@www root]# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk -v
    mchk: db_connect: failed to connect to database: Error: Too many connections
    mchk: db_connect: failed to connect to database: Error: Too many connections
    mchk: Unable to connect to the Plesk database
    mchk: Unable to connect to the Plesk database

I have about 400 mailbox, how to solve this?

4. chud67

chud67 Guest

Same here. Anyone?

5. chud67

chud67 Guest

Replying to myself.

Edit /etc/my.cnf with

[mysqld]
    set-variable=max_connections=xxx (where xxx=some_big_number)