• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Spam MAPS Zone

O

omegauser

Hi,

I am having problems with SPAM, I configured MAPS Zone protection with the following zones:

opm.blitzed.org;rbl-plus.mail-abuse.org;bl.spamcop.net;relays.ordb.org;sbl.spamhaus.org;KR.rbl.cluecentral.net;BR.rbl.cluecentral.net;blackholes.mail-abuse.org;cbl.abuseat.org;xbl.spamhaus.org;sbl.spamhaus.org

Once I click OK, the SMTP server does not work for all my domains, and nobody can send mail thru an email client.

Is the list wrong? what zones do I must use?

Thanks

IMO you are using way too many, plus you have sbl.spamhaus.org listed twice. Spamcop is a bad one to use as they are quick on the trigger to ban sites.

I only use sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org, but that along with Spamassassin has cut spam on my servers drastically.

Also, after changing the MAPS settings your smtp server will slow down considerably because it removes the -Rt0 from the beginning of the "server_args =" line in the smtp_psa file.

Hi, thanks!

So after changing the MAPS settings I must include again the Rt0 in the args, right?

Hi,

I configured the MAPS just with:
sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org
as you told me.

As soon as I press OK and restar qmail I can not send emails, a pop up window in thunderbird says: SMPT is misconfigured along with other stuff.

What could be this?

same with me here, my TheBat says:
Server reports it is not ready, reply: "rblsmtpd: illegal option -- R "

and "server_args =" on the file /etc/xinetd.d/smtp_psa will be:
server_args = /usr/sbin/rblsmtpd -r sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org .....
or
server_args = /usr/sbin/rblsmtpd -Rt0 -r sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org .....
or
server_args = -Rt0 /usr/sbin/rblsmtpd -r sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org .....

Thanks...
Schatje

I also tried to use MAPS, it worked for reducing SPAM, but doesn't let some of my clients to send messages, I think because their IP is on the blacklists of spammers.

How can I enable MAPS only for incoming mail and not for smtp?

Back