1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Spamassasin on a separate box

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by Swakoo, Jun 13, 2006.

1. Swakoo

Swakoo Guest

Am I able to set up a independent linux box to run spamassasin (since its free) and have it check mail before it reaches the PLESK box? How do I do that?

2. ArcAiN6

ArcAiN6 Guest

Yes, you would need to setup a relay mailbox on the alternate server, then have the messages " relayed" to the puke.. erm.. plesk machine

3. Swakoo

Swakoo Guest

so meaning to say the spamassasin machine will be the one holding the MX records, and I have to create a relay account for every email address I have?

Is there a guide to this?

no idea why is my plesk sending/receiving multiple copies of the same mails.... headache

4. jamesyeeoc

jamesyeeoc Guest

Check atomicrocketturtle.com for ART's Project Gamera. It is designed to do just what you outlined, and should *NOT* be run on a Plesk server, but on a separate *nix box.