• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Spamassassin/Clamav and company ...

lvalics

Silver Pleskian
Plesk Guru
Hi all,

I upgraded to latest qmail-scanner the server and now is not working as I expected the mails.
Clamav not working, I get a lot of errors in maillog.

1. How can I disable dccproc ... I get all the time that cannot connect to servers. Can be firewall, I enabled port 6277, but the same.

2. Even clamav is started, even is enabled on /var/qmail/bin/qmail-scanner-queue.pl no email is scanned ... nothing in maillog what show me the error. :-(

3. I uninstalled clamd od version and installed clamd new version as ART said. Seems that was a bad ideea or something I missed on instal, cause the problems is since then.

4. Also I get a few lines like:
Jun 9 12:31:13 plesk01 spamd[14732]: got connection over /tmp/spamd_full.sock
Jun 9 12:31:13 plesk01 spamd[30135]: handle_user: unable to find user '[email protected]'!
Jun 9 12:31:13 plesk01 spamd[30135]: processing message <[email protected]> for [email protected]:110.
Jun 9 12:31:13 plesk01 spamd[30135]: Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.3/Mail/SpamAssassin/BayesStore.pm line 163, <GEN8534> line 236.
Jun 9 12:31:13 plesk01 spamd[30135]: Use of uninitialized value in numeric gt (>) at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.3/Mail/SpamAssassin/BayesStore.pm line 282, <GEN8534> line 236.
Jun 9 12:31:13 plesk01 spamd[30135]: Use of uninitialized value in numeric lt (<) at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.3/Mail/SpamAssassin/BayesStore.pm line 172, <GEN8534> line 236.
Jun 9 12:31:13 plesk01 spamd[30135]: Use of uninitialized value in numeric lt (<) at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.3/Mail/SpamAssassin/Bayes.pm line 970, <GEN8534> line 236.
Jun 9 12:31:13 plesk01 spamd[30135]: Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.3/Mail/SpamAssassin/Bayes.pm line 971, <GEN8534> line 236.

Any ideea?

dccproc defunct

I am continuously getting dccproc [defunct]

I realize this isn't a major problem, but wonder if it may just be a permissions problem.

I've made no manual changes to dcc or related installation.

The current permission for dccproc is:

Code:
1140 -r-sr-xr-x  1 root root 1163787 May 26 13:31 dccproc

Is this correct? The reason I ask is I have found other defunct sessions due to my not setting proper permissions on apps I do install manually and were corrected once the permissions were setup properly.

Thanks to all.

I have googled, read and read and read.

What is the "s" in the following chmod?

-r-sr-xr-x

Is the dccproc [defunct] problem a permissions problem that is set during installation?

Please give direction as the dccproc [defunct] processes are increasing and now qmail is actually stopping altogether, whether related directly or not.

Thanks all.

lvalics,

I am having the same issue, did you ever figuire it out?

Sep 13 12:38:13 spamd[22266]: Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/Mail/SpamAssassin/BayesStore.pm line 163.
Sep 13 12:38:13 spamd[22266]: Use of uninitialized value in numeric gt (>) at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/Mail/SpamAssassin/BayesStore.pm line 282.
Sep 13 12:38:13 spamd[22266]: Use of uninitialized value in numeric lt (<) at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/Mail/SpamAssassin/BayesStore.pm line 172.
Sep 13 12:38:13 spamd[22266]: Use of uninitialized value in numeric lt (<) at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/Mail/SpamAssassin/Bayes.pm line 970.
Sep 13 12:38:13 spamd[22266]: Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/Mail/SpamAssassin/Bayes.pm line 971.

No but I managed to figuire it out.

Appearently, when you rpm -e --nodeps psa-spamassassin it does not remove any of the .spamassassin or bayes_toks files from the users mailbox folders.

When you roll back to a preveious version of spam assassin it detects the presence of the left over files and therefor does not overwrite them.

This means that spamassassin is now trying to use the prefs from the higher versions which it does not understand. Thus giving the errors I posted above.

I did:

rm -f /var/qmail/mailnames/*/*/bayes_toks
rm -f /var/qmail/mailnames/*/*/bayes_seen
rm -R -f /var/qmail/mailnames/*/*/.spamassassin

rpm -Uvh psa-spamassassin

service psa-spamassassin restart

and it works again.

I think the ART's spam assassin rpm does not work properly with PLESK 7.5.4

spamassassin-3.0.3-1.rhel3.art.i386.rpm

It cause the qmail queue to stall, and customers were missing emails, some addresses were not able to recieve any mail, and others had duplicate emails send hours or days later.

try use_dcc 0 in /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf

spamassassin -D -t < /usr/share/qmail-scanner/contrib/spamc-nice.eml will let you test to see what engines are being used.

To clear the record, the ART SA3 RPM's were not at fault for these error, they were caused by unrealed issues.

For future readers, what were the unrelated issues causing your problems?

First of all, some of the email were missing, becuase the qmail queue was stuck, due to both spamassassin services running, when it should have been started with psa-spammassassin only. Secondly, we had updated to CFMX7 during which time we change the cfmail tag to require authentication in the form of specifying the username and password in the cfmail params. Most cf users failed to read our newsletter with this info, and thus were not able to authenticate to the SMTP server, hence missing emails.

Back