• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Spamassassin does not use serverwide bayes

mooiesite

Basic Pleskian
Plesk 8 on CentOS 4.2.

My Spamassassin runs like a charm, but somehow it doesn't use the serverwide bayes dbase.

It is learning serverwide. (/home/spamassassin/ contains enough ham and spam)
When i ssh and do a spamassassin -D --lint doe, SA uses the bayes-dbase (located at /home/spamassassin). I tried this as root and as a normal user.

Only spamd doesn't use the serverwide dbase for all incoming mail.
When i copy the serverwide-bayes-dbase to a personal .spamassassin dir from a mailuser, SA is using bayes. So Bayes is working!

I think it has something to do with rights.
Spamd runs as 'popuser' I have given popuser all rights, on local.cf and /home/spamassassin. I even did a chmod 0777 on these files. But it doesn't do anything.

All mailaccounts are set to 'use serverwide-settings'

Does anyone have a clue?

Well it is working, but:

I had to disable personalsettings for all accounts.

Conclusion: Plesk can't run personalsettings next to serverwide settings. It gets overruled by the personalsettings. This looks like a bug to me.

In this way mailusers can't edit their own spam-settings, which level it needs to be tagged or deleted.

Originally posted by mooiesite
Well it is working, but:

I had to disable personalsettings for all accounts.

Conclusion: Plesk can't run personalsettings next to serverwide settings. It gets overruled by the personalsettings. This looks like a bug to me.

I would think that this is not a bug but the way it should work. If I set restrictive server-wide settings but a client wants a less restrictive setting, then his/her settings should override my server settings and vice/versa. It I set a less restrictive server-wide setting, but a client wants a more restrictive, he should be able to set it and over ride the less restrictive.

Back