1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Spamassassin does not work under Plesk 8.6 with MailEnable

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by paeppi, Oct 7, 2008.

1. paeppi

paeppi Guest

Hi,

I have Spamassassin switched on for several mailboxes, but Spamassassin does not scan the Mails at all (no X-Spam-*** Headers added, ...).

When Spamassassin is switched on in the Plesk Control Panel, the Program %pleskdir%/admin/bin/memailfilter_usr.exe is called on mail-drop. However, memailfilter_usr.exe does not replace the email with a scanned one.

Spamassassin alone seems to work fine, when I call the command

%pleskdir%\Additional\Perl\bin\Perl.exe -T -w %pleskdir%\Additional\Perl\bin\spamassassin < %filename_of_an_email% > test.txt

then I find a perfectly scanned email in the test.txt file.

I tried replacing the memailfilter_usr.exe with an own one as a workaround, but unfortunately it turned out to be more trouble than I expected, as usual.

Any ideas of what I could do to make the original memailfilter_usr.exe work? ;-)

Regards,
    paeppi

2. info@alazan.com

info@alazan.com Guest

same

hi, i have the same problem.

With Plesk 8.6.005 and mailenable, the spamassassin no work.

any idea about the problem?

Thanks.

3. svaughan

svaughan Guest

Note spamassassin windows won't put score in the headers unless its detected as spam

4. martijng

martijng Guest

That's correct. Well I have another question about Spamassassin.

Customers can train their mailbox by spamassassin. They have mail in the mailbox, but spamassassin shows that there is no new mail. How can people train spamassassin on the mailboxes?

Thanks!

Martijn

5. alta

alta Regular Pleskian

to train spamassasiin on mail acocunt, please go to Plesk->domains->domain.com->mail ->mail account->spam filter->training.
    Also please note in order to train spamassassin,you shoud have at least 200 of spam and 200 non spam messages, please see below:
    http://kb.odin.com/en/1428