• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Spamassassin does not work under Plesk 8.6 with MailEnable

P

paeppi

Hi,

I have Spamassassin switched on for several mailboxes, but Spamassassin does not scan the Mails at all (no X-Spam-*** Headers added, ...).

When Spamassassin is switched on in the Plesk Control Panel, the Program %pleskdir%/admin/bin/memailfilter_usr.exe is called on mail-drop. However, memailfilter_usr.exe does not replace the email with a scanned one.

Spamassassin alone seems to work fine, when I call the command

%pleskdir%\Additional\Perl\bin\Perl.exe -T -w %pleskdir%\Additional\Perl\bin\spamassassin < %filename_of_an_email% > test.txt

then I find a perfectly scanned email in the test.txt file.

I tried replacing the memailfilter_usr.exe with an own one as a workaround, but unfortunately it turned out to be more trouble than I expected, as usual.

Any ideas of what I could do to make the original memailfilter_usr.exe work? ;-)

Regards,
paeppi

Note spamassassin windows won't put score in the headers unless its detected as spam

That's correct. Well I have another question about Spamassassin.

Customers can train their mailbox by spamassassin. They have mail in the mailbox, but spamassassin shows that there is no new mail. How can people train spamassassin on the mailboxes?

Thanks!

Martijn

to train spamassasiin on mail acocunt, please go to Plesk->domains->domain.com->mail ->mail account->spam filter->training.
Also please note in order to train spamassassin,you shoud have at least 200 of spam and 200 non spam messages, please see below:
http://kb.odin.com/en/1428

Back