• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

spamassassin temp files in %systemroot%

soporteip

Basic Pleskian
Hi.
Im Running Plesk 8.6.0.5 on a Windows 2003 Server.
Looking in the "%SYSTEMROOT%\Temp" Directory i've notice that there are thousands of files, from every day since September 2008, really light (less than 1 MB each, but together there are around XXXXXX Gbs used!), with names like:
.spamassassin1168Q0Q87Jtmp
.spamassassin1168QJrn9Ntmp
.spamassassin1168f6Aalptmp
.spamassassin91486BBcEctmp
... .spamassassinNUMBERANDLETTERStmp
Its really obviuos that they are comming from spamassassin. I've undestood that its nescesary for spamassassin to have write permissions on this folder to work fine.
Why is creating all of this files without erasing them?

If i create a script (somthing.bat) to erase all the files on this folder, older that X days. Could this make my system to be unstable or make a mess with Pleks or the Mail Sever? Cause i dont have a clue of what are these files! (They are no readable with notepad or notepad++).

Please, can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance.

Bye!

PD: Sorry for my poor English.

We have checked the possible fixes of the Spam Assassin release and found out that the bug with irrelevant temporary files handling was fixed in the release 3.2.4:

http://www.nabble.com/ANNOUNCE:-Apache-SpamAssassin-3.2.4-available-td14671527.html

However according to the PPP 8.6 release notes:

http://download1.swsoft.com/Plesk/Plesk8.6/Windows/8.6.0/plesk_8.6.0_build080722.15.htm#6

Spam Assassin of version 3.2.3 is supported by PPP 8.6 therefore there could be two possible ways of managing the issue:

1. Back up your server data and try upgrading the Spam Assassin to the version 3.2.4 but if some difficulties were faced concerning the functional issues or productivity decrease we would recommend that you reverted back the changes.

2. The safer one - we have checked the script you are using to clean up the temporary folder, it is a bit harsh to erase _all_ the data, including .spamassassin temporary files. We recommend that you ran the following script to handle the issue on a daily basis:

DEL /F /S /Q C:\WINDOWS\Temp\.spamassassin*tmp

Just add this .bat or .cmd file into the task scheduler and adjust the run settings for this task.

Best regards,
--
Alexey Krasnichenko
Technical Support Engineer
Parallels