• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Spamassassin v.3.2

F

flupke

Plesk 8.1 is delivered with SA v3.0, it works fine but it seems that there is no updae service available, the rules scripts are fixed and some of them are date 2005.

SA v3.2 comes with an online update service.

Would be nice to have the new version of SA delivered with PLESK

Thks!

as i know swsoft does not deliver a spamassassin version to you. plesk use the version that your os has ...

i installed spamassassin 3.1.7 backport on debian sarge and it works fine with plesk, although the last definitions are from february 18 2007... not frequently updated, it seems... maybe the spamassassin team dropped the 3.1 updates and concentrates on 3.2? that would ****...
hal

3.1.7 is the latest available for debian.
of course i'm using sa-update, i have a weekly cron job for it... but signatures are still from feb 18.
hal

any update as to how to update spamassin to 3.2.1 or 3.1.9? latest available update as per spamassassin's web site is 3.2.1 and 3.1.9. i only have 3.1.7. it is imperative we have latest version since spam changes every day, especially since june 11 (release of the new versions). im getting slammed with the pdf virus emails and want them gone.

i am having the same issue since a couple of days with the pdf attachment spamming... dammit...
there is spamassassin 3.2.0-2 in debian testing, however I guess it still needs to be backported.
backports.org still has 3.1.7 for sarge: http://backports.org/debian/pool/main/s/spamassassin/ but no 3.2 whatsoever.
also, the spamassassin team should better maintain the sa-update definition files also for older versions, almost everybody is dependent on distro releases, so it gets ridiculous if definition updates for 3.1.7 cease after 3.1.8 gets released etc.
hal

Code:
Setting up Update Process
Setting up repositories
updates-released          100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00
extras                    100% |=========================| 1.1 kB    00:00
[url]http://srl.cs.jhu.edu/YUM/fedora-core/4/i386/os/repodata/repomd.xml:[/url] [Errno 4] IOError: HTTP Error 404: Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 21:18:51 GMT
Server: Apache/2.2.4 (Fedora)
Content-Length: 322
Connection: close
Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1
Trying other mirror.
[url]http://linux.admin.uillinois.edu/pub/linux/fedora/linux/core/4/i386/os/repodata/repomd.xml:[/url] [Errno 4] IOError: HTTP Error 403: Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 21:18:51 GMT
Server: Apache/2.0.46 (Red Hat)
Content-Length: 353
Connection: close
Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1
Trying other mirror.
base                      100% |=========================| 1.1 kB    00:00
Reading repository metadata in from local files
No Packages marked for Update/Obsoletion

i must say you are completely awesome for helping me out :)

here's what i ran and some of the messages it spit out

Code:
[root@ip-208-109-118-64 insiderhost1]# wget -q -O - [url]http://www.atomicorp.com/installers/atomic.sh[/url] |sh

Atomic Archive installer, version 0.9.5
Configuring the [atomic] yum archive for this system

Installing the Atomic GPG key: OK
Downloading atomic-release-1.0-6.fc4.art.noarch.rpm: OK

The Atomic Rocket Turtle archive has now been installed and configured for your system
The following channels are available:
  atomic          - [ACTIVATED] - contains the stable tree of ART packages
  atomic-testing  - [DISABLED]  - contains the testing tree of ART packages
  atomic-bleeding - [DISABLED]  - contains the development tree of ART packages

[root@ip-208-109-118-64 insiderhost1]# yum update
Setting up repositories
updates-released          100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00
extras                    100% |=========================| 1.1 kB    00:00
base                      100% |=========================| 1.1 kB    00:00
[root@ip-208-109-118-64 insiderhost1]# yum check-update
Setting up repositories
[root@ip-208-109-118-64 insiderhost1]# yum update
Setting up repositories
[root@ip-208-109-118-64 insiderhost1]# vi etc/yum.conf

[1]+  Stopped                 vi etc/yum.conf

in other news, i updated spamassassin with some new rulesets and installed the pdf plugin... and haven't gotten ONE spam since :D this is when i was getting 20+ a day coming to my inbox... i get about 350+ tagged spam every day i never see, so spamassassin has been working great...

for whatever reason, the channel isnt getting added. Might be something that is custom in your environment (different paths to the yum configs?)

So, hack mode enganged, just stick this in /etc/yum.conf (other people... dont do this. This is the fix-the-broken-box hack)

[atomic]
name=Atomic Rocket Turtle - $releasever - Atomic PSA-Compatible RPMS
baseurl=http://www.atomicorp.com/channels/atomic/fedora/$releasever/$basearch

sweeet... thanks a bunch, i appreciate it. i needed to also update mysql & php for zend. looks like the installer is working now...

Ive got 3.2.1 packages in the [atomic] archive for CentOS/RHEL/Fedora folks.

Do these packages work with Plesk watchdog?

Ive seen reports of spamassassin 3.2.x rpms not working correctly with the plesk 8.x watchdog service ......

Any pointers would be good :)

Cool.. it is working perfectly...

Thanks Atomic

Schatje

HELP... URGENT.

I dont know why now spamassassin does not work, i see on the mail header, there is no spam TAG, and i find error on maillog
Code:
spamc[3994]: connect(AF_UNIX) to spamd /tmp/spamd_full.sock failed: No such file or directory

I try restart qmail service and spamassassin service, still does not work.
FYI: i use 4psa-spamguardian

FIXED, after remove /etc/init.d/spamassassin and rename /etc/init.d/spamassassin.rpmsave to /etc/init.d/spamassassin then restart spamassassin services

Thanks

Schatje

Back