• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SpamAssassin

C

cwbrandsdal

Hi!

I have everything set up on my win2k3 now, and almost everything seems to be working. SpamAssassin detects some spam, and marks them correct. This is good. But why am I not able to train SpamAssassin? When i click on "training" in plesk control panel, the training will not take effect. When I mark emails, and click "this is spam", the page reloads, and nothing happens. What could be wrong? I was googling through my MSSQL, and found a table called sa_list. Isn't this the table for storing the training? Well, it was empty.

Any ideas?

----
Christopher Brandsdal

Originally posted by cwbrandsdal
Hi!

I have everything set up on my win2k3 now, and almost everything seems to be working. SpamAssassin detects some spam, and marks them correct. This is good. But why am I not able to train SpamAssassin? When i click on "training" in plesk control panel, the training will not take effect. When I mark emails, and click "this is spam", the page reloads, and nothing happens. What could be wrong? I was googling through my MSSQL, and found a table called sa_list. Isn't this the table for storing the training? Well, it was empty.

Any ideas?

----
Christopher Brandsdal

When you say "nothing happens" do you mean none of the emails get the marked as spam icon?

Originally posted by cwbrandsdal
Yes. No icons what so ever..

Exactly what I posted here:
http://forum.swsoft.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47371

I think the icons feature for plesk/windows did not make it out yet and the help file is the same as for linux. I think the training is being applied as I had one email acct error on training until I recreated it HOWEVER this will still be a bad experience for our end users. I was going to send out an email to our hosting customers touting the new spam training feature until Ii realized they probably just think it wasn't working and stop.

Please post your experience in the thread I linked to and let's see if SWSoft will explain what the status is.

The Spam Training option in Plesk Windows seems to be just there without any functionality even in Plesk 8.2. It works in Linux servers but not in Windows.

Hope that swsoft comes with a patch soon for this.

Back