1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Spamassassin

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by bartje3, Sep 27, 2007.

1. bartje3

bartje3 Guest

Hi,

Wondered that since the last update to Plesk 8.2.0 spammails didn't get marked as Spam, also no x-spam tags in headers.
    I followed the instructions from the SWSoft forum admin to correct the bug with a fix (replaced the 3 files and ran the reconfig) but Spamassassin stil does nothing. On all mailboxes I've checked that spam filtering is enabled, also on server-level.
    Do I realy have to install spamassassin manually and bind it myself into Mailenable MTA ?

Regards,
    Bart

2. ziba@

ziba@ Guest

Hi,

You can train spamassassin ton increase its accuracy:
    http://kb.swsoft.com/en/1428

Try sending the following sample spam message to an email account:

XJS*C4JDBQADN1.NSBN3*2IDNEN*GTUBE-STANDARD-ANTI-UBE-TEST-EMAIL*C.34X

It should be marked as spam. If it is not then there definitely is problem with spam assassin configuration. In this case check that there are no redundant ips listed in spamssassin White list.

Also unlike Plesk for Linux spamassassin in Plesk for Windows adds x-spam flags in message header only if it was caught as spam. If spamassassin does not detect message as spam then x-spam header is not added to message.

3. bartje3

bartje3 Guest

Hi Ziba

THX, that worked man !

Greetings,
    Bart

4. netmax

netmax Guest

Hey,

there is one point that worries me: The learning and databases are per-user-basis. Does this mean, that the "knowledge" of the training Spamassasin from one mailbox will not have any system-wide positive effect? So, if one user has learnt 2000 messages which leads to a nearly perfect spam recognition, a mailbox of a new user will be completely dumb?

5. ailll

ailll Guest

yes, and this looks smart for me
    i think every user should have its own way of determining which messages are spam and which are not

6. ziba@

ziba@ Guest

And yet there is way to train spam assassin for all mailnames simultaneously ;) this should be done manually according to the following knowledge base article:
    http://kb.swsoft.com/en/1217

7. netmax

netmax Guest

OK, that´s a good way. I catch mail from 3 of my accounts in a "spam account" where i do the training and copy the db via cron to all other mailboxes every night ;)

8. arisd

arisd Basic Pleskian

90%
  9. sergius

sergius Golden Pleskian

57%
    Gentlemen,

Plesk 8.3 does provide feature Anti-virus and Anti-spam statistics.
    For more details see http://download1.swsoft.com/Plesk/Plesk8.3/Doc/en-US//plesk-8.3-win-administrators-guide/52980.htm