1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

spamdyke and Plesk 8.6

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by fdoibz, Aug 13, 2008.

1. fdoibz

fdoibz Guest

Hi everyone,

Anyone have tried the Spamdyke HOW-TO (http://www.blueoryx.info/linux_administration/spamdyke) with Plesk 8.6 ?
    I'm really interested in trying another anti SPAM solution rather than spamassassin included in Plesk.

Any experience will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2. DerFalk

DerFalk Guest

It does not work an my Centos5.2 :( In Services SMTP gets red and Mail is not working anymore.

But this Problem seems to be in Centos5 only :(

3. lexam

lexam New Pleskian

73%
    Hello,

I have tried it, followed it step by step and it works perfectly. It's the only credible solution I have found to block literally hundreds of spam messages a day. It allows you also to keep SMTP authentication. Yesterday alone it blocked 1527 spam messages!

P.S. 1: It is true that in services management you'll have a red cross in the SMTP service, but the service is actually working.

P.S. 2: I also have Centos.

4. DerFalk

DerFalk Guest

step by step by the howto-link above?

5. atomicturtle

atomicturtle Golden Pleskian

6. faris

faris Guest

Hi Scott,

Umm... you know spamdyke's greylisting feature is actually only a tiny part of what it does? Many people don't even bother to enable that part.

The main features are options to:
    reject if no rDNS
    reject if rDNS doesn't resolve to an IP
    delay answering just a tad to put off spammers
    reject if CCed/BCCed to more than X recipients
    full auth loggins
    full dnsrbl reject logging
    whitelists for just about every option
    blacklists for just about every option
    err....there's loads more.

That's why I keep saying it is the best thing since sliced bread. Seriously. Greylisting is just a bit of icing :)

Faris.

7. atomicturtle

atomicturtle Golden Pleskian

Spamassassin does all that too, Im not faulting spamdyke though. Its a nice package.

8. DerFalk

DerFalk Guest

One programmer from Serversupportforum(.de) wrotes a nice tool for Spamdyke in Plesk (Plesk Spamdyke Control Panel). It´s just only beta and it only works with spamdyke and it´s simply nice ;)