• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

spamdyke and Plesk 8.6

It does not work an my Centos5.2 :( In Services SMTP gets red and Mail is not working anymore.

But this Problem seems to be in Centos5 only :(

Hello,

I have tried it, followed it step by step and it works perfectly. It's the only credible solution I have found to block literally hundreds of spam messages a day. It allows you also to keep SMTP authentication. Yesterday alone it blocked 1527 spam messages!

P.S. 1: It is true that in services management you'll have a red cross in the SMTP service, but the service is actually working.

P.S. 2: I also have Centos.

Hi Scott,

Umm... you know spamdyke's greylisting feature is actually only a tiny part of what it does? Many people don't even bother to enable that part.

The main features are options to:
reject if no rDNS
reject if rDNS doesn't resolve to an IP
delay answering just a tad to put off spammers
reject if CCed/BCCed to more than X recipients
full auth loggins
full dnsrbl reject logging
whitelists for just about every option
blacklists for just about every option
err....there's loads more.

That's why I keep saying it is the best thing since sliced bread. Seriously. Greylisting is just a bit of icing :)

Faris.

One programmer from Serversupportforum(.de) wrotes a nice tool for Spamdyke in Plesk (Plesk Spamdyke Control Panel). It´s just only beta and it only works with spamdyke and it´s simply nice ;)

Back