• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Spamfilter..? how do I set it up? Or

T

TheFOX

Hi

A lot of my clients complain about spam...

Does any of you other Plesk users have god result with the spam filter in Plesk... And how do you then set it up the best way...

Is ther some place where I can read about that in details... cos I'm a little confused. And damm tired of getting more that 100 spam mail a day.

Or maybe somebody know of a good other solution.??

Thanks in advance

Kind regards
Brian

there is is an option in mailenable :
Reverse IP block it seraches mail ips from spam databases and block them.But the problem is sometimes you could not get valid emails from soem ips because they were known as spam ip in databases.

So i do not know too.I hav the same problem too.

i belive you have not set:

set Spamassign with OpenReilays (Maps Zone) sample:
relays.ordb.org;spam.dnsbl.sorbs.net

we passed on thousands mails from our customers with much spams to plesk server and compared with other Spam filter .

the result is very moderate.

Are you saying that setting up from spam filter out of Plesk with MailEnable(reverse dn s black list) ? or are there any option with SpamAssign inside or outside of plesk?

How could i do it ?

I don't quit understand to..??

Well... I don.t understand to...

How do you do that in plesk.? I would like to know how I can set up SpamAssassin to catch some of all the spam...

Does nobody use the feature..??

I have looked at ORDB.org but can't find any guide on how to use it with Plesk... or MailEnable...

Some guy wrote in another tread, that with Merak email server there would be no problem with spam and virus... Does anyone have any comment on this, as Merak email server is now supported i Plesk 7.0.3 ... But it's not a cheap solution ;-(

Please somebody! Spam and virus is becoming a huge problem to us all.

Kind regards
Brian

As i see SpamAssing is not useful to me. Because
*you could ony block email adresses but spam and viruses can be sent from new addresses too.
*You could not block an ip

It is better to use mailenable settings for spam.You can chenge settings by login on your remote desktop . And also i advise to read all faq in Mailenable :

Okay will take a look at that!

Thanks for the answer...

I will tahe a look at The FAQ from MailEnable...

Are you using the Enterprise, Pro version or the standard version...

I see that MailEnable Enterprise has support for some thing called "Bayesian Filtering"... As I'm a real newbee on this spamfiltering issue, please tell me whats the different on that and the ordb.org way of dealing with spam.?

I have also seen on MailEnables website that they support 5 or 6 different third party spamfilters, but the are all a little expensive I think.

Kind regards
Brian

Okay... looked at the instruction...

Thanks

Now I have read the instruction that cviviani wrote...

As I understand it I just have to write "relays.ordb.org;spam.dnsbl.sorbs.net"
under the server-wide mail preferences in the Enable MAPS Spam procetion section and hit set, right?

I have included a screen dump... please inform me if that's what you ment.
Maps.gif

Kind regards
Brian

PS! It's nice to see that the forum work... many times we wait days without any answers. Thanks

perfectly

is must you the still following adapt:

SOA REFRESH is 54000 >to high look plesk fqa
SQL sever hide ipadress i have write how to do in this forum

you made so beautiful pictures. if you time have could we a guidance with pictures make. I do not have unfortunately always so much time. guidance for mailenable pro I already made.

best greets claudius viviani

Thanks my friend...

Thanks a lot... :)

I did it before (when I wrote it) and now I have only recived 6 spam mails... so it has reduced it a lot... BRAVO ... and so simple!

But as I understand this solution can remove "real mails" if the server sending the mail has "open mail relays"... Is that correct...

Kind regards
Brian

cviviani how can i add special ips that are not listed on the spam list databases?

I found 3-4 ips that are continue to send spams or viruses to me?

Are there any place to add specific ip in Plesk or MailEnable ?

I am not safe you must it test

under mailenable smtp connector properties Access Control

it goes also with plesk. there however a delay is and not so effective. for the smtp transport is mailenable responsible and has the higher priority than spamassassin. theoretically the Spam filter would have to be integrated in mailprogramm, only so it can work best.

normally does not intressiert me who viruses sends. I wait any times stop it for automatically. I would be to be blocked carefully with IP and look after whom the transmitter address belonged. I did not block ever IP.

Back