• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

spell checker

O

om4knowledge

Hello,

I like the inline spell checker.
Unfortunately, many of my local city names show up underlined.

Where can I add some words to the dictionary?

Thanks.

I understand if this isn't officially supported, but I imagine there is a file or database that I can add local city names to.

Thanks.

Here is short cut from documentation:

The Spell Checker feature can be used only with Internet Explorer version 5.5 or later. To be able to use the Spell Checker, you need to install ieSpell - a free-of-charge spell checker utility for Internet Explorer. To install ieSpell, download the application setup package from the official ieSpell web site, run it on your computer and complete the steps of the installation procedure as described, then restart Internet Explorer.

The Spell Checker is available for English only.

So in this case I can suggest to visit http://www.iespell.com/ site and try to find this information there. As I know there are some options which may be configured in ieSpell and it is possible to add your own words into dictionary.

Thanks D,
So it has to be installed on individual pcs vs the server?

I notice in firefox it underlines words that it suspects as mis-spelled. Is there a server level (some database within sb)?

iespell can be used only with Internet explorer and yes, it should be installed on every machine where Sitebuilder is browsed from. As for FireFox it seems it uses it's own spell-checker and not related to Sitebuilder itself.

Back