• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SPF record?

P

ParadiseBodies

Hi,

how do i set an SPF record? Because some mails to Hotmail are lost...

I know this side, but im not sure what to put in all the fields.

And then i don't know how to bring
v=spf1 a mx ~all
in Plesk.

The other thing is that i have more than 2 domains on one IP (just 2 show up) that i have at a domain-provider.

First, you need to know the ip address that is in the email header that you send out. This will depend on whether the emails go out from your box or if your provider relays the emails for you.

My emails are relayed from two separate ips by my provider. My SPF record looks like this:
v=spf1 ip4:xx.xx.xx.xx ip4:xx.xx.xx.xx.xx mx a:domainname.com -all

In Plesk, go to the DNS records for the domain and enter the following:

The Record type is: TXT
The domain name is: domainname.com. ( leave first box empty unless it is a subdomain )
Enter TXT record ( from above ).

Hm ok.

I got my server got one IP and 3 domains directly where i have my server.
The other domains from the domain-provider don't have a IP i think. The only thing i see there are nameservers like "ns9.schlundtech.de" but on www.dnsstuff.com i can see an ip for the nameserver.

So i tryed:
v=spf1 ip4:my-server-ip mx a:paradise-bodies.com ~all

v=spf1 ip4:my-server-ip ip4:nameserver1-ip ip4:nameserver2-ip mx a:paradise-bodies.com ~all

v=spf1 ip4:nameserver1-ip ip4:nameserver2-ip mx a:paradise-bodies.com ~all

and www.dnsstuff.com still shows a warn on SPF record.

Thank you jwdick. But what i find out now is that Hotmail has no scheme if they accept mails from a server or not. A lot of people have a SPF-Record and the mails are still lost.

So i dont need the SPF...

Back