• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SQL Server 2005 Express

A

adrianodalpra

Anyone tried to upgrade MSDE or SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005 Express using Plesk? It works without problems?

Adriano Galle Dal Prá

I have upgraded SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005 without problems. I don't know about Express, though.

Plesk 'sees' SQL Server 2005 as SQL Server 9.0, and it works without problems. The only problem I had was when I upgraded from 7.5.4 to 7.5.5, Plesk couldn't connect to SQL Server 2005 anymore.

I reinstalled SQL Server 2005, and the problem was gone. But it's still Plesk's fault :)

So, first upgrade Plesk, then upgrade SQL :)

Originally posted by Redah
I have upgraded SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005 without problems. I don't know about Express, though.

Plesk 'sees' SQL Server 2005 as SQL Server 9.0, and it works without problems. The only problem I had was when I upgraded from 7.5.4 to 7.5.5, Plesk couldn't connect to SQL Server 2005 anymore.

I reinstalled SQL Server 2005, and the problem was gone. But it's still Plesk's fault :)

So, first upgrade Plesk, then upgrade SQL :)

Redah

Please answer just one question:
1. Is it same server where Plesk installed or it is dedicated server?

John S.G.

Back