• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Squirrelmail Nutsmail & Plesk

O

OutKa5t

Hi,

I might be a bit **** at searching these forums but I am trying to find a guide for installing Squrrelmail onto Plesk and turning of Horde.

Can anyone point me in the right direction.

Thanks

I installed squirrelmail via yum, then just went into the horde directory and change login.php to redirect to /webmail/

Then for nutsmail I just replaced replaced the squirrelmail installation in /usr/share/squirrelmail with the nutsmail squirrelmail installation.

Thanks tylerc. Can anyone advise on the effect this may have on upgrades to Plesk?

I would guess it would be fine as

[1] Plesk uses horde as the default webmail program, so any updates do horde would not effect squirrelmail.
[2] When updating via yum, do not do any squirrelmail upgrades, only do updates manually that you get from nutsmail

Can you tell me what you did to Hordes login.php? Isnt that jsut the file with the login script for Horde?

I changed /usr/share/psa-horde/imp/login.php to:

if (!empty($_GET['imapuser']))
{
Header('Location: https://server25.isonicweb.net/webmail/src/login.php?secure_login=yes&loginname=' . $_GET['imapuser']);
}
else
{
Header('Location: https://server25.isonicweb.net/webmail/src/login.php?secure_login=yes');
}
?>

This used to keep the login name of the user when logging into the webmail via control panel but since my upgrade from squirrelmail to nutsmail it has not worked. I emailed the author of nutsmail to ask him if there was a query string value you could pass to populate the login field.

I also have the secure_login plugin for squirrelmail installed and It ensures all webmail logins come under the domain of the server (ie server25.isonicweb.net), as then the server ssl certificate is used and is always valid.

Cheers,
Tyler Cranston

Back