1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

SSL certificate about to expire warning

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by 105547111, Apr 30, 2009.

1. 105547111

105547111 Silver Pleskian

30%
    I am getting these emails:

################# SSL Certificate Warning ################

Certificate for hostname 'plesk', in file:
    /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.pem

The certificate needs to be renewed; this can be done
    using the 'genkey' program.

Browsers will not be able to correctly connect to this
    web site using SSL until the certificate is renewed.

##########################################################
    Generated by certwatch(1)

2. Nataliya Zagr

Nataliya Zagr Regular Pleskian

87%
    Hello,

This message is generated by 'certwatch' program that is run daily by crond from the /etc/cron.daily/certwatch file to warn about the imminent expiry of SSL certificates configured for use in the Apache HTTP server. If you receive this message, it means that the certificate listed in the message will expire. If you access the site with expired certificate, the browser shows the warning that the certificate expired and is not valid anymore.

The certificate should be renewed.
    Please, take a look at the following article for more information:

http://kb.odin.com/en/827

3. 105547111

30%
    I have the genkey program but its asking for a domain name, its default certificate :(

4. 105547111

30%
    I also just tried to recreate a new self signed with the same info, it does not like plesk for the domain name...

Error: Unable to generate certificate: Some fields are empty or contain an improper value. The values should be limited to 64 characters. If you are using an internationalized domain name, make sure each part of the domain name between dots does not exceed 63 symbols when transformed to ASCII format.

5. Amin Taheri

Amin Taheri Golden Pleskian Plesk Certified Professional

Plesk isnt really a valid CN as it should be a FQDN, or for example plesk.com
    Try using the name of the server, like plesk.domain.com or w/e you use and see if it likes that better.

6. StefWeidm

StefWeidm New Pleskian

35%
    I have the same problem, I'm getting these daily e-mails even though I already generated a new self signed certificate and set it up in Plesk as the default one and as the default one for the control panel.

7. rolo@

rolo@ Basic Pleskian

57%
    StefWeidm, The exact same thing is happening to me. I create a new self-signed certificate and do the "secure control panel" procedure to no avail.