1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

SSL Certificates for SMTP, POP3, IMAP with multiple virtual domains

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by Freddie Bleiweiss, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Freddie Bleiweiss

Freddie Bleiweiss Basic Pleskian

73%
    How can I specify domain specific (individual) SSL certificates for mail services? I host multiple domains and customers are reporting errors sending and receiving mail due to SSL certificate errors/mismatches.

2. danliker

danliker Silver Pleskian Plesk Certified Professional

43%
    as i know there is no way for doing this...

3. nill s

nill s New Pleskian

I simply have everyone log into the primary domain with their full e-mail address. I also setup the FQDN of the mail server as their MX record with an A record to boot in the zone file of the hosted domain. I also set their mail client to use the primary domain server name as the POP3 and SMTP server and they login using SSL and their full E-mail address. This method allows full SSL usage and the certificate matches the name of the server for Webmail, SMTP, and POP3.

4. KurinichinathanT

KurinichinathanT New Pleskian

nill s>
    DO you mean if the server has the primary domain myserver.com, then install the SSL for that domain and ask the customers to use it as the mail server with the fullmailid as username?