• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SSL Certificates for SMTP, POP3, IMAP with multiple virtual domains

Freddie Bleiweiss

Basic Pleskian
How can I specify domain specific (individual) SSL certificates for mail services? I host multiple domains and customers are reporting errors sending and receiving mail due to SSL certificate errors/mismatches.

I simply have everyone log into the primary domain with their full e-mail address. I also setup the FQDN of the mail server as their MX record with an A record to boot in the zone file of the hosted domain. I also set their mail client to use the primary domain server name as the POP3 and SMTP server and they login using SSL and their full E-mail address. This method allows full SSL usage and the certificate matches the name of the server for Webmail, SMTP, and POP3.

nill s>
DO you mean if the server has the primary domain myserver.com, then install the SSL for that domain and ask the customers to use it as the mail server with the fullmailid as username?

Back