• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

statistics and mailman

M

MikeUN

I noticed in my logs today that statistics is choking on the mailing lists.

Here's the message log that pertinent:

Mar 15 15:46:01 box1 statistics: Unable to get dir size of /var/mailman/lists/myTestList
Mar 15 15:46:01 box1 statistics: Unable to get dir size of /var/mailman/archive
s/private/myTestList.mbox
Mar 15 15:46:01 box1 statistics: Unable to get dir size of /var/mailman/archive
s/public/myTestList.mbox

The list was created as 'myTestList', but in /var/mailman/lists the directory was created as 'mytestlist' (notice case)... When I change the case of 'mytestlist' to match 'myTestList' I don't get the statistics error, but of course the mailing list doesn't work anymore.

I tested this by creating another mailing list, and sure enough, the list gets created, statistics checks for the same case as I created it, and mailman (or plesk) creates it as lower case.

The file in /var/mailman/archives/public and private are off by their case as well.. Has this been addressed before? Is there a workaround?

Thanks,
Mike

I also have the same problem and searched these forums as well as google without finding any solution to the problem. Anyone know about a solution?

Back