• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Step-By-Step Upgrade FreeBSD 5.3 from 7.5.3 to 7.5.4

B

BillyParadise

Yay, upgrade time already - and the server had only been up for 10 days. Just my luck ;)

I'm doing the upgrade on my FreeBSD 5.3 box right now, and since it needs some convincing, I thought I'd share the steps I used.

The big problem seems to be perl. 7.5.3 requires an older version of perl (5.8.6) than ships with stock FreeBSD 5.3. But 7.5.4 wants 5.8.7. So any of you who went through the hassle of finding 5.8.6 like I did will need to upgrade it before proceeding.

1. cd /usr/ports/lang/perl5.8
2. make deinstall (removes perl5.8.6)
3. make reinstall (hurray! now we have 5.8.7)

Now you should be ready to run the install. The upgrade file is big - 34MB - so I suggest you pick somewhere OTHER than /root to put it in - the / partition can fill up quickly if you built the server with default permissions.

Go to Server, Updater, and follow the prompts. I had no problems (although the stock FreeBSD kernel does not support Quotas - that's another post), and in 15 minutes or less, I had a shiny new 7.5.4 installation.

Best of luck...

BP

Hmm... just upgraded - and I'm stuck with all sites loading Sitebuilder - that sucks really bigtime...

On FreeBSD 4.9

Sitebuilder

I am using 7.5.3 Fedora 2.

You can edit the Custom Button for Sitebuilder that will limit who see it.

You will have to look under a client account to verify it, though.

If that doesn't work, you can always remove the custom button.

I cant find any SiteBuilder buttons anywhere in Control Panel.

And I really need to disable it - allowing people to view the original site contents on very hosted domain.

Well, back to looking in the configuration files.

Your custom buttons will be under the following in your admin c.p.

Server | Control Panel | Custom Buttons

I'm sorry - I really don't have a clue what I should do with the Custom Buttons - I have no SiteBuilder Custom Button.

Only way to access any SiteBuilder related is to access it though http://sitebuilder.site.com/admin/cc.php

But my problem is that it's default on every hosted domain - due to the fact that Plesk faild to write the correct httpd.include file during the upgrade process.

It's a great mistake that all Plesk utilities seems to stop if something no expected appears - if a file is not found...

I have a none existant domain/client - removed it yesterday but had to restore an older backup of the psa database. Rendering the client/domain back in Plesk but not physically on the disk. But now I can't delete the Client/Domain as the domainmng util fails when it can't find the files/dirs on disk.

So my advice before upgrading - be sure you have complete consistency beteween the Plesk database and the actual files/users/domains on the physical hosting disk.

Just checking to see if Plesk has become a product where upgrading doesn't cause a catastrophic failure one way or the other...guess not.

Actually the upgrade went pretty smooth, execpt for the mentioned problem - I haven't seen any problems yet after I manually fixed the problem mentioned before.

So far I'm happy with this upgrade :)

Hi.

I still running the Beta ... but downloading the release now.

FreeBSD 4.9 + plesk 7.5.4Beta + Site builder...

The trick I used is to put the Sitebuilder in other IP different of the main plesk.. if you look @ /usr/local/psa/apache/conf you see the sitebuilder.conf wher you can change the default IP address for this app.

Tia.

After I corrected the problems with the nonexistant domainclient everything works ok including sitebuilder, but...

It seems like WatchDog kills my qmail daemon service once in a while... looking into that problem right now...

Testing 7.5.4 on FreeBSD 5.3, mail migration from cPanel servers dont work by default, you need to add execute permissions to the mailbox convertor:

chmod 755 /usr/local/psa/PMM/mb2md.pl

Also, has anybody seen the christmas skin? I've not seen this before!

Great !!!

Besides the non working tomcat since 7.5.3 now the upgrade don´t work :p... this messages in the log...

-----

Trying to update component 'tomcat' in Components table... ERROR 1062 (23000) a
t line 1: Duplicate entry 'tomcat' for key 1

ERROR while trying to update component 'tomcat' in Components table

Aborting...

The attempt to upgrade
from version 7.5.4 to Plesk 7.5.4 has failed.
-----

Some help ??

TIA.

hummmm.....

select * from `Components`;

tomcat | 4.1.30
tomcat4 | 4.1.30

Tsc tsc tsc...

I will remove the tomcat. entrie...

delete from `Components` where name = 'tomcat';

Great :)

Now it works..!!
----
upgrade_conf_754: not found
Trying to update component 'tomcat' in Components table... done
Trying to shedule license displaying for admin login... done
===> Upgrade completed.
Removing the old componentsdone

Now BIND server shutting down...

Trying to stop BIND server... done
Trying to start BIND server... done
----
:) :) :)

All stages of the upgrade were successful.
Plesk is now running on your system.

Upgrade

You may have seen my other post, but I was on a 7.5.3 Fedora 2 box and ran the update without a hitch.

Well, one hitch. I had to shell in and restart mysql, but I've found that had nothing to do with the update or my version of mysql, but a connection glitch while doing so.

It took me all of 20 minutes to complete the entire process. Others have stated lessor times, but I ran the base install first and then subsequently updated Plesk related updates individually before moving on to the extras included.

I did however find that my backups (made through the Plesk domain backup link) were no longer valid backups.

Already submitted a ticket on it, so don't know anything I can say about that yet.

WLYK

>L

1.log onto my sql ... select the psa table and => delete from `Components` where name = 'tomcat'; <= resolve my problem when intall stuck complaing about tomcat ...

2. The Site builder is the older.. tsc tsc is 1.xx,, in the beta the version is 2... more 20 min to resolve smal problems with databases....

but this machine is the "guinea pig" :)

Tia

Originally posted by BillyParadise
Yay, upgrade time already - and the server had only been up for 10 days. Just my luck ;)

I'm doing the upgrade on my FreeBSD 5.3 box right now, and since it needs some convincing, I thought I'd share the steps I used.

The big problem seems to be perl. 7.5.3 requires an older version of perl (5.8.6) than ships with stock FreeBSD 5.3. But 7.5.4 wants 5.8.7. So any of you who went through the hassle of finding 5.8.6 like I did will need to upgrade it before proceeding.

1. cd /usr/ports/lang/perl5.8
2. make deinstall (removes perl5.8.6)
3. make reinstall (hurray! now we have 5.8.7)

Now you should be ready to run the install. The upgrade file is big - 34MB - so I suggest you pick somewhere OTHER than /root to put it in - the / partition can fill up quickly if you built the server with default permissions.

Go to Server, Updater, and follow the prompts. I had no problems (although the stock FreeBSD kernel does not support Quotas - that's another post), and in 15 minutes or less, I had a shiny new 7.5.4 installation.

Best of luck...

BP

well I keep getting the 5.8.5 version of perl :confused: can anyone help me???

Originally posted by PaulC
VIB-host - sounds like you need to update the ports tree

I have just tried as describet in [POST=115793]This post[/POST] but ir didn't work out :(

Meyby you can tell me a better way to do this??

Back