• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

still not working

K

kdumas

I got some help from a friend who has a server and have figured out how to login with ssh/putty. We went to the smtproutes file and the k2smtpout.secureserver.net was already there.

Very weird thing. He was able to set up outlook express using
domain.com in both incoming and outgoing for one of mydomains.

firstmemories.com
firstmemories.com

It worked but when I set up my email with this same exact setup, I still got this error message. He thinks it has something to do with Outlook Express and Windows XP? He uses windows 98. Does any of this sound familiar? I'm running out of options here. I'm so close to giving up.

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'firstmemories.com', Server: 'firstmemories.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

You never really say what's not working? Can't send email? Can't recieve email?

can't send mail

I can't send mail. Have tried everything. It DOES work using my isp outgoing but not my server. I've spent about 6 hours on this today. My friend back east was able to get a setup that worked but I had the same exact set up that he had and it wasn't working here. This leads him to believe that it is a Windows XP and Outlook Express glitch since that is what I use. He was using Windows 98 and NT.

Does the email ever leave your outbox in Outlook? Have tailed the maillog to see if there are any errors or clues there? Can you telnet to port 25 on the mail server and send email from the command line?

I'm sorry. I do not know how to telnet and do things that way.

When I try to send the mail. it says connecting for a long time and then finally gives this error:

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.firstmemories.com', Server: 'mail.firstmemories.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

If you can SSH to your server then you can tail the maillog file and watch for errors at the same time you try to send a message through Outlook.

Once you get connected via SSH, issue this command at the command prompt.

Code:
[root@server root]# tail -f /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog

When your done simply press CTRL+C to break out of it. You might see something that will help you clue in on the problem.

Whats your SMTP authorization set to on the server? Have you checked the box in Outlook to use SMTP server authorization?

Back