• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Stop PostgreSQL

O

otsego

I have a dedicated server with Plesk installed on it. I have the Plesk power pack and thus also PostgreSQL installed. Thing is, I don't need PostgreSQL and would like to turn it off. However, when I try to do it in the service management area, I only get the following error

ERROR

Unable to make action: Unable to manage service by pg_manage: Unable to stop PostgreSQL. 1
0: /opt/psa/admin/htdocs/server/restart_services.php:28 psaerror(string "Unable to make action: Unable to manage service by pg_manage: Unable to stop PostgreSQL. 1")

This doesn't only apply to shutting down PostgreSQL, the same happens when trying to restart it.

I have all the latest updates for Plesk installed.

Not sure what OS you are using, but is postgresql even installed? It sounds like it is failing to execute the shutdown/startup scripts.

Check in /var/lib/pgsql/pgstartup.log or /var/log/pgsql, this is assuming you are using Linux.

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, Postgre is installed, it was installed by Plesk. I'm running Debian 3.1. Neither of those logs exist, only /var/log/postgresql/postgresql.log, but this file does not indicate any problem.

Sorry, don't know much about Debian. You may want to login as root via ssh and try starting the postgresql service manually. On Fedora/Red Hat you would do "service postgresql start"

Back