• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Stop SMTP for one domain

B

baguitos

Is it possible to stop the SMTP service for one specific domain only?

One of my clients has already passed the 5 GB quota that I’ve assign him. 94 % of this is SMTP. I don’t want to disable all the mail service for him, just the SMTP. Is this possible?

Many thanks in advance.

I don't believe it is, as that's also used for the webmail (it would seem insane to block a users ability to send mail from webmail, as an example).
I know that with CPanel there is an option to limit how much mail a user can send out, but I have never seen this option in Plesk... even though it has been requested several times. The only options I have found for Plesk's SMTP service are how a user authenticates to it, and if it should be disabled for all users to use remotely or not.
But have you wondered at all why he's sending out over 4800mb in email in 12 days? Finding this out might be easier than trying to hack qmail to knock down the one user's limits.

Thanks for the reply.

Ive look at my mail queue and find out that theres plenty of 500Kb messages from this user. Some of them have more than 100 recipients.

Ive talk to him and ask him to use a mailing list (Mailman) or the ISPs SMTP service. Unfortunately his words were: Mailing list??? whats that? :mad: :mad:

So, I think Ill have to disable his domain. this way he might get it!

500k emails to over 100 users each? Ouch... sounds rather umm... suspicious. If not for the privacy factor, I would suggest taking a look at one of them to assure that they are not going to cause you more problems than just bandwidth.
As for mailman, simply ship him off to http://download1.swsoft.com/Plesk/Plesk8.0/Doc/plesk-8-clients-guide/15544.htm and inform him that he's facing suspencion for bandwidth abuse if he doesn't look into "alternatives" for sending the messages. But seriously, I would push for him using his own SMTP... mailman is still using your bandwidth...

Thank again NightStorm.

One last issue. Privacy aside, is there a way for me to look at the content of the mails? In the mail queue I can see the header, and the subject is (translated): Job offer or something like that. However one cannot be to sure.

Back