• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Strange log rotation...

K

kilgore

Hi,

I'm writting python script to use awstast on plesk server. Everything works smoothly but log rotation of plesk is still very strange.

I've setup log rotation for all my domains like this :

- log rotation : daily
- keep 1 backup

and i've disabled webstat.

When I manually run statistics from crontab, sometimes it creates .processed file, sometimes .processed.1 file...

Maybe you can give me an advice on how statistics works ?

Regards,

Kilgore

Check your /etc/psa/logrotate.conf file, I believe this is the one which controls how many .processed log files are kept. Example:

/usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog.processed {
missingok
rotate 3
size 10M
compress
nocreate
}

and also check /usr/local/psa/etc/logrotate.conf.in

Thanks for your advices but all my conf file in logrotate.d are the same and are corresponding to the config in place :

/home/httpd/vhosts/mydomain.com/statistics/logs/*.processed {
daily
nocompress
missingok
rotate 1
}

but the rotation still give me sometimes .processed and other .processed.1 files...

Regards,

Kilgore

I've checked on a plesk 7.5.2 server and the file you speak about didn't exist.

But while checking on a 7.5.4 server, I find something "new", a variable called "copytruncate" in the conf file for each domain rotation ?

The "copytruncate" command tells it to copy the contents to another file without stopping the associated service, then after it has copied the contents, it truncates the original file.

This is not Plesk specific, I guess they just changed the way they set it up between the older version and the new. It's actually better to use copytruncate anyways since it doesn't have to stop the service which has the file open.

Back