• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Strange problem with my emails (plesk 9.2.3 and Postfix)

m0rpheu5

Regular Pleskian
Hello guys, i got a problem today, i start to configure a new server, yesterday everything was fine, i installed everything, ASL too, and many otherthings, today when i open my outlook, my email start aski login and password, but i could connect by Webmail (horde), i try many things like, remove email, active and desactive the email server for that domain, and nothing changes, ok, some time after, i could open my email on the Outlook, without any problem, but, start ask me login and password to send email, and i couldn´t access the webmail anymore, so i went to a client and return again, there was a message on my outbox, this messages was sent. Now i can send emails again, but i can´t access the inbox and webmail, i really don´t know what could be.

appears only this message in the log:

Oct 30 09:55:58 br01 imapd: IMAP connect from @ [189.26.10.84]ERR: LOGIN FAILED, ip=[189.26.10.84]

i have permission -rw-r--r-- in the /etc/hosts and i have into hosts (127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost)

What could be guys??
Help me, i need to migrate my old server to this one, but i can´t get problems.

Thanks

Morpheu5,

Postfix is very likely to be scrambled: installation issues are very likely to be the cause.

Therefore, try to reinstall first: use the autoinstaller (via command line utility).

The steps to take:
1 - run autoinstaller from command line
2 - proceed through pages and select "Qmail Mail server" (yes, you have to....no harm will be done to your mailboxes)
3 - when finished... run autoinstaller again
4 - proceed through pages and select "Postfix Mail server" for a reinstall of Postfix

It should resolve your problem........if it does not, try running step 1 to 4 again (!). No mistake there: bugs in the autoinstaller are causing problematic installations and, when run twice, these problems are resolved.

Note that these are probably also the cause of the "erroneous" upgrade.

If nothing works, please post me more information (and maillogs!)

Back