• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Sub domain

O

Outbreak

Hey, I created an account but don't know how to just view the index.html if the person doesn't have a .com yet. For example in cpanel it would be http://www.address.com/~username. Please if someone could help me.

Thanks

Nah man, that doesn't work. Does anyone have any idea how to do this?

The links I provided here are of a real domain example. This is how they should work.
If they don't work, you have a problem.
Make sure your IP address is correct, that's about the only thing that I can contribute to this issue.
Beyond that, you would need some kind of a trouble ticket with Plesk or whoever is your provider.

-Alon.

When I try that, it asks for a username and password like its connecting with a box coming up.

You have a permissions issue.
See that directory ha IUSR_usrname is listed in the permissions on that directory.

-Alon.

What folder is that in and how do I change the permissions?

I've done a printscreen of the folders and permissions for the entire tree of folders. HOWEVER, that guide, is not correct, and I've re-done it,. well at least got the printscreens again, (I previously done it to a messedup file system and now I've done it to a clean slate Reformatted Windows 2003 Standard server with a clean slate install of Plesk 7 for Windows).
I will upload the new Guide in a day and then you will be able to view what I'm talking about.
Don't look in the current guide as it is wrong. I need to remove it altogether as it may confuse people instead of help them.

-Alon.

You have to login via the main IP on the server. This IP must be shared and not have any site set default. Then the preview button will work.

If you have any errors running websrvmng --reconfigure-all some sites will not work with preview.

Back