• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Subdomain (Domain Alias) error

J

jbinette

Hi,

After upgrade from 7.6.1 to 8.1, i found a problem with subdomain when you try to acces it with (Domain Alias)

Exemple :

Primary Domain : toto.com
Sub domain : test.toto.com
Domaine Alias : tata.com

when i try to acces with : test.tata.com is "not working"

But i found this solution : delete the "domain alias" and create it again, and it's working after that.

But i have a LOT of domain and domain alias, i don't want to do it for all, is possible to get a fastest solution?

Plesk is configured with Bind DNS

Thank You

sshigin,

Can you please give us an ETA on when this "hotfix" will be released?

There are other clients waiting to upgrade to Plesk 8.1 that are waiting for this.

sshigin,

We are still waiting for your hotfix. I was really hoping I could upgrade my servers to 8.1 before Christmas and I'm not upgrading them without that hotfix, because 8.1 has way too many bugs.

Can you tell me exactly what you mean by "begin of the next". Is it Monday? Tuesday?

It's past Wednesday and I didn't any patch released. Can you please let me know where I can get it in case I didn't check in the right places?

Bogdan, unfortunately release of Plesk 8.1.0 for Windows Update is delayed till Monday. Seems it is final date.

Why aren't I surprised by this? How many weeks does it take you guys to fix some bugs that shouldn't have been there in the first place?

You should have told this in the first place.

Should I upgrade to 8.1 first and apply the patch afterwards or should I wait for a new 8.1 installer ?

Best Regards
Joris

I was waiting for the patch because I can't have things like domain aliases or scheduled tasks not working properly after the upgrade, but after all these delays I'm giving this a second thought.

Come to think about it, next Monday is December 25, Christmas day and I really don't think they'll release it. SWsoft has been a real disappointment lately, so I'm considering other options.

If you really need to upgrade to 8.1 and you are ready to face the consequences of doing it without the patch, do it now, but if you can wait a few more weeks until these guys will eventually release the patch, I recommend you wait.

Personally, I don't want to deal with Plesk 8.1's bugs during the holidays, so I guess I'm gonna wait for the patch or find another Control Panel.

Originally posted by sshigin
Bogdan, unfortunately release of Plesk 8.1.0 for Windows Update is delayed till Monday. Seems it is final date.

What all will this patch be fixing? Just this issus?

Ok... so yesterday was the "final" date for the hotfix. Where is it?

I know it's holiday season and all, but you could have at least be honest! I am tired to be postponed and lied to.

yeah i really didn't think they would get it released on time. I didn't expect an hotfix on christmas day but i feel the same as you, if you are going to tell everyone something then follow though if not then at least give people a date you are sure of. Always give the worst case and then when you deliver early everyone is happy.

gentlemen, i'm sorry, some integration issues were found and we need to fix them and test again. it can take more than a week.
sorry for inconvenience again.

gentlemen, i'm sorry, some integration issues were found and we need to fix them and test again. it can take more than a week.
sorry for inconvenience again.

For obvious reasons, I don't trust your word anymore. I'm sure you can always come up with good excuses for right about everything, but this is getting old now...

Should I upgrade to 8.1 first and then apply the patch above, or is this a new installer? Download on SWsoft website is still Published: 30-Nov-2006

I'm currently using 7.5.6

Best Regards
JorisW

Originally posted by jorisw
Should I upgrade to 8.1 first and then apply the patch above, or is this a new installer?
You should upgrade to 8.1 first and then apply the patch above.

Back