• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Subdomain page cannot be displayed?

J

Johngil

I setup a Subdomain in Plesk 7.5.2 and when I go to the new address, I get "The page cannot be displayed" error. I can see the Subdomain in the file manager, but I don't know why it won't show in my browser. Is there a setting I'm missing or a tutorial somewhere on how to correctly set up Subdomains.

Thanks,
John

in the normal case, it will take 24-48 hours until this new subdomain is accessable via the internet, because the DNS must be cached to the whole internet.

I do this by that way: I setup a sub-domain within the plesk.
Then I surf to the registry-center to my 2 DNS-servers and
add this new sub-domain with the IP-number of the Plesk-
server into the DNS. Then I must wait about 24 hours because
this sub-domain is handled like a total new domainname which
needs also time to be cached by BIND.

But if you have a Plesk-Server with 3 IP-numbers and you
run there also your 2 DNS, then this will also work. Also in
this case, you must wait about 24-48 hours.

Read more about this theme onto
http://forum.plesk.com/showthread.p...ght=ns1.mydomainname.tld+ns2.mydomainname.tld

So I can't just go to

Domains>Mydomain.com>Subdomains

and add a new Subdomain and have it work. I need to do something else, or do I just have to wait the 24-48 hours before it will start to work.

Thanks,
John

Originally posted by Johngil
So I can't just go to

Domains>Mydomain.com>Subdomains

and add a new Subdomain and have it work. I need to do something else, or do I just have to wait the 24-48 hours before it will start to work.

Thanks,
John

Hi,

Do you use your plesk server for DNS or do you have an external DNS server?

Originally posted by Jason Lee
Hi,

Do you use your plesk server for DNS or do you have an external DNS server?

I have to use a DNS Manager through GoDaddy.com

Thanks,
John

Ok, I added the new Subdomain to the DNS Manager through GoDaddy.com, waited over night and now it's working.

Thanks for all the help,
John

I have since figured out how to use the plesk server DNS with my own nameservers and now my subdomains are active as soon as I create them.

John

Back