1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Subdomain Problem

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by daklay, Apr 15, 2006.

1. daklay

daklay Guest

I also had this problem with plesk 7.5

When I create a subdomain, everything goes fine. It creates folders in the subdomain folder, etc.

BUT, when I try to go to it (example http://subdomain.site.com), it says it can't find it.

HELP!

2. bandurao

bandurao Guest

3. daklay

daklay Guest

4. daklay

daklay Guest

5. Lars@

Lars@ Guest

6. daklay

daklay Guest

???

How do I fix this problem???

7. Lars@

Lars@ Guest

Don't know.
    I call my server hosting provider helpdesk. They want me to use Plesk - they shall deal with my problems!

Lars
    Plesk-Hell™ kills my productivity©

8. eth4n

eth4n Guest

AFAIK you just need to restart the apache service after you added a subdomain.

9. NightStorm

NightStorm Guest

Isn't that something that Plesk is supposed to do on it's own?

10. eth4n

eth4n Guest

It is, but somehow it doesn't. Just found out restarting it manually is the quickest.

[update]
    I found http://kb.swsoft.com/article_41_242_en.html in the kb. but somehow I still got the feeling it's not restarting. I also found posts in this forum that are indicating it's a Plesk problem with restarting apache with wrong parameters after adding a subdomain. someone's idea was to set up a crontab to do the job, it should be done by Plesk, tho...