• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Subdomain with www

If you have a domain on the server you can do this.

Delete the subdomain in the DNS Zone.

Add a Record type A.

In this you write "www.subdomain"

And IP to you server.

This shod fix the sub domain so you can access it by www.

Butt if you will have the server to do it Automatically don't ask me ;) Butt it must be a template somewhere on the server that tells it to create subdomain in the DNS, If i only known where it is?

Can someone tell me that ?

Thankyou for any answer and hope my answer helps :) and sorry for my bad English

P.S don't make a CNAME that doesen't work :) Not on my Plesk hehe

how to change zone file?

Hi,

Could anybody please tell us how we can create a subdomain that points to another DNS that our main domain? I mean, how do we change the Zone file? Thanks in advance. Torsten

Im not shore butt in your DNS try push the SLAVE button. Then you can point to another DNS sone butt you have to use IP then.
Im not shore if you only have a domain.

I don't think adding an A record in the DNS solves the problem. I encountered the same problem recently. It seems that the problem is with the virtual host directive in the httpd.include file of the domain. It doesn't have the ServerAlias directive necessary to redirect the request to the proper www root directory.

Back