• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Subdomains Folder Permissions

E

expream

Hello all! I have read topics (threadid=29331) .. and there was written about .. how to hide wheel folders from users...

Hide the "tmp, usr, lib, var" folders when logging in via ftp, so users dont try to delete them, and then call asking why they can't delete these "useless" folders (yeah I'm serious)

# /usr/local/psa/ftpd/etc/proftpd.conf

<Directory ~>
HideGroup wheel
</Directory>

So i did it.. and after that .. i (as user) can not see subdomains folders! becoz owner of subdomains folders is wheel .. and not psaserv.. .. so is it a bug? or it must be? :)

So .. how to hide some folders?

It must be due to how Plesk deals with your particular OS. On all the RedHat/Fedora systems the group owner is psaserv. Also, the user on all the directories which I would want to 'hide' are owned by user 'root', I would use the 'HideUser root' instead of 'HideGroup psaserv'. Keep in mind that I use only RH OSs, and you did not post what exact OS you are using.

Back