• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SuExec or SuPHP

J

joshabts

Hello,

I am hoping to get a response to this, as at times these forums seem to be pretty unresponsive.

I am having trouble getting SuPHP to run. First off, my question is, is PHP compiled to run as CGI in Plesk 8.1? If so, wouldn't SuExec take care of the user and permissions problems that happen when you only need 755 but have to put in 777 in order for scripts to be writeable?

Second, I am running Fedora Core 5, how do I add SuPHP into my setup to support the entire server with this?

Thanks,
Joshua Abts

Joshua,

that's a little bit complicated.
We had the engineers of SwSoft working for 2 days on our servers to get suPHP running.
They created a special wrapper for Plesk to make suPHP actually work with our system.

So that's not at all an easy thing, but now it is running perfectly smooth :)

Why they wouldnt share with the rest of us? Did you have to pay for the custom wrapper?

@nulleffect:
Yes we had to pay for that wrapper...
The only thing I don't understand is why that isn't automatically included in plesk...

But there are already some threads here dealing with suPHP and Plesk 8.1...
So you can get it working, too :)
Just do a search :)

the answer to that question is easy.

SW-Soft do not care about their clients, they care about their pockets.

they release poorly tested software as production when it should be going from alpha to beta.

just ask yourself, WHY you have to pay to be able to have SPAMASSASSIN on your system (configurable) when its free, WHY not create a module or integration API for clamav? (because they will not be able to charge).

but indeed, if you pay, you get it, thats all they care about, money.

I love plesk, its the best control panel i have ever used, but the company policy and ethic SUCKS BIG TIME.

You're right, im very dissapointed with SW-Soft indeed, we've all spent a lot of money on our licenses, only to be kicked in the face when we wish to use the features we paid for.

Thanks SW-Soft.

(i bet they dont even read this forums)

yeah they dont, they dont care about our problems, thats why this forums exists. so we, the users, can help eachother on helping things.

I bet their work line is:
"Why try to be great and outstand our competitors, when you can be as good as any, and make money while we are at it"

thats Sw-Soft for you!

But people in this forum dont help each other. No disrespect to the other guy, but even people who have found solutions we could all use are entirely unwilling to share them!

thats something unavoidable, there are people who wont share, but there are, others, like me, that every time we find a soloution to a problem we have, we share it, at least i consider that is a good practicle.

whatever the case, this is not a flamihg forum, so, good flaming time, time to get serious again :p

cheers!,

In the early days of the forums I posted alot, I had a higher post count than most people.

I stopped because of people arguing and comments such as in this thread. This is a community, we are here to help each other.

I will happily pay for SA integration. You are not paying to SA itself, you are paying for the work put into the integration within the control panel.

If you have feature requests, send them to SWsoft instead of bickering about it on here.

Back