1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

swicthing from BIND to MS DNS

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Windows Suggestions and Feedback' started by ianl, Aug 20, 2009.

1. ianl

ianl Guest

I have a server from 1and1 which came with plesk pre-installed. It appears plesk is using BIND as the name server. I'd like to use the MS name server (windows 2008 server). However, i dont seem to have the option to install the microsoft dns service. Going the normal route through windows i dont have the option to install the dns service.

how would i go about adding the windows DNS? I'm just guessing i dont have the option to add it because of plesk.

thanks

2. ianl

ianl Guest

it would appear this has nothing to do with plesk - turns out the server is running windows 2008 web edition which apparently does not allow the MS dns service to be installed. The R2 version does.

So on a somewhat related tangent - anyone know of a quick and easy way to import a bunch of DNS records from an MS DNS server to BIND dns server?