• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Templates changed AGAIN during upgrade?

zooming

Regular Pleskian
Hello,

Have the templates changed again from version 4.0 to 4.1?

They have changed from version 2.1.3 to version 3 and 4, now I have clients complaining that they sites were changed, and they didn't asked or "authorized" this change.

As far as I could see some template banners were changed.

Why in the world can't SwSoft developers/designers just add a NEW template, instead of changing the existing ones?

Can't this people see all the trouble they cause in every software update?

Why just you don't add a new version, and keep the old one? For example, just add the "eug-35-a" template and keep the "eug-35" alone.

Every single upgrade in SwSoft's products brings all sorts of problems, I'm really getting tired of this.

Alexandre

I noticed this difference too in the upgrade from 3 to 4. The banners, IMHO, were better in the v3 templates. I am not so happy with the banner changes. Thankfully I'm not successful with SiteBuilder, or I'd have a huge problem on my hands. I can only imagine the headache with a few dozen customers. And I dream of hundreds!

Yes, such situation really exists. Even recent upgrades include some new images. Unfortunately, terms of the media rights for images which were removed from template have expired so developers had to change such images and they tried to select most suitable images for affected templates. So in some cases there can be minor changes.

Back