1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Templates in Expand (2.0)

Discussion in 'Plesk Expand 2.0 and Legacy General Discussion' started by fastnet, Aug 17, 2006.

1. fastnet

fastnet Guest

I'm having an issue with creating hosting temples on our Expand cluster.

I have created a temple with Linux only options (PHP support, mod_perl support, mod_python support, Coldfusion support, Web statistics)

When I make a new domain, through an expanded client, and set the Server Selection to Auto with Least Domains(%used), Any OS (tested them all), and group ID set to the ID for the Linux only servers I get the following errors-
    Template can not be applied to domain because "PHP support" is disabled on a server.
    Template can not be applied to domain because "mod_perl support" is disabled on a server.
    Template can not be applied to domain because "mod_python support" is disabled on a server.
    Template can not be applied to domain because "Coldfusion support" is disabled on a server.
    Template can not be applied to domain because "Web statistics" is disabled on a server.

If I instead set the Server Selection to Manual and pick either of my two Linux servers I can apply the template without error.

Has anyone else seen anything else like this and, if so, were you able to find the root cause and resolve it??

-Adam

2. remsad

remsad Guest

I have this same problem at this moment. I tried both Windows and Linux version when I want to add a new domain with a template.. and always got an error!

3. remsad

remsad Guest

I tried this action with Expand client account ad Expand admin account, I've got the same problem.

4. DanSolo

DanSolo Guest

I had this problem only with ASP.net support!

The issue seems to be caused by the fact that the services are not running on the Expand server itself and when you initialize the domain from Plesk Expand, it's looking for those services on the Plesk Expand server and not the actual server where the domain is actually going to be.

I am not 100% sure of this. I'd like a confirmation from the Plesk support team.

If this is so, it raises the question; WHY PLESK EXPAND if you can't use domain templates from it ?

5. remsad

remsad Guest

There is the reply from Swsoft : "That's a known issue. That will be fixed in the new Expand 2.1 release. It should be released in the December."

6. DanSolo

DanSolo Guest

Oh great!

So i just purchases a centralized Expand license to end up having to log into the Windows servers to create domains and hosting plans ...

Sort of defeats the purpose, no!