• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Temporary FTP url?

B

bhetzman

How do you upload to a newly created domain while you wait for the DNS to propogate?

Although I can see where you can "Preview" your site ...I can't find any temporary ftp url for uploading content.

HELP PLEASE!! ?

as i know, you can take the ip or any domain that is hostet on this server

I can see how that would work, but it is on a shared IP?
Is there another indirect route ?

i think that's not a problem, have you tried it with the ip or any domainname on this ip ?

The problem is ... I cant get to the site i created in Plesk via any sort of ftp or File Manager that will allow multiple file upload. The Plesk Hosting console has a file manager but it only allows upload of 1 file at a time!
I do not have a exlusive IP to give to it. The chain of DNS is not yet propogated to it. And even if it where, (24-48 hrs) .. I want all the content there before it goes live and makes a seemless changeover.

HOW do i do this? Am i missing a simple piece of the puzzle.
Other hosts I have used have always provided a temporary backend url you can upload your content to.

I can't imagine anobody else hasnt asked this question, but I do not see any posts anywhere regarding it?

Help please.

as i said before, just use your ftp tool and take the ip or any of the other domainnames on the shared ip adress. that's it, please try it ....

(we do it that way for all new costumers)

sorry again for my newbie questions?
but do you mean like this...

200.100.99.98/domainname.com

username: johndoe
password: 1234

I have tried this with no success?
could you please give me an example

try

or

domainname.com

That was as EMBARASSINGLY SIMPLE as I knew it would be!

Thanks for your help and patience Dan!

Back