• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

The Bigest BUG inside Plesk Control Panel

O

onemancrewo

After encounter an issue that the server can't reboot into safe mode.

The BUG is:
try to reboot your server into safe mode.
after the login screen is shown , after some sec. automatic reboot will be done.
and no matter what you will do , you will not be able to boot your server into safe mode.

Yes, if you wonder your self , after you install Plesk Control Panel over Windows Server 2003 you can forget your safe mode.

The bug exist from version 7.6 until version 8.6
Version 9.2 was not checked yet. BUT I 99.9% sure that this bug also exist in 9.2 version of Plesk Control Panel.

The BUG IS:

install Plesk Control Panel and forget Safe Mode.
Yes , Absolutely YES.

After installing Plesk Control Panel on Windows Server 2003.
You can forget rebooting your server into Safe Mode.
The OS will make automatic reboot after showing the login screen.

SWsoft/Parallels doesn't worth your money.
They dont care about customer , all they care is about releasing more and more products but the word Quality is Unknown at SWsoft/Parallels Developers.

My suggestion is:
Dont use Plesk Control Panel.
If application make the platform to stop working correctly then such software need to be abandoned.

onemancrewo,

It is known issue under developers investigation already.
Therefore your rough reaction is absolutely inappropriate. It is just usual working process.

onemancrewo,

It is known issue under developers investigation already.
Therefore your rough reaction is absolutely inappropriate. It is just usual working process.

I disagree. Such a huge bug deserves all the roughnesss in the world until is fixed. Plesk is an expensive piece of software, so at least take it as a man and don't cry when someone points out what shouldn't be there.

Its a double disrespect.

Back